Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Best Little Christmas Present Ever!

So as you have probably read in my previous posts, Adam and I were so blessed this Holiday season. We got to spend a lot of time with our wonderful families and open way to many wonderful gifts; however, we decided to reveal the best gift last! Drum roll please...!
ADAM AND I ARE GOING TO HAVE A BABY!!!
We are so excited and feel so blessed to be bringing our wonderful, precious baby into the world! There is no greater feeling! Adam and I just love each other so much that we wanted to create a life to share that love with! There will definitely be no lack of love for our baby! Adam and I shared with our parents back a few months ago that we were going to start trying and they have loved Baby Knies from that moment, if not even before then!
We are 9 weeks along! We had our ultrasound yesterday, and were excited to find a healthy little baby about 2 centimeters long, with a healthy, normal heart rate of 156 beats per minute, arm and leg buds, a brain, and all the other normal little parts that Baby Knies is supposed to have! It was such a relief to know that everything was going well thus far!! We still have about a month left in the first trimester, so please keep us in your prayers!

HOW I TOLD ADAM:
I took a test on that morning and saw that it was positive but decided to wait a few hours to tell him, while I got everything set up to surprise him. I set up the camera to get a video and had the test with the instructions setting out on the bathroom countertop. I brought him into the bathroom and pointed to the test. He didn't even take a close look at the test. He just said "Honey are you pregnant?!" I do have this on video, sort of. Adam hates being on camera so he moved out of the way of the camera when he turned to hug me and kiss me - sneaky! Then Adam tried to steal the camera to destory the video because he didn't want it showing up on our blog or for anyone else to see it! He's shy!

HOW I TOLD MY MOM:
That Friday, Mom and I were driving around in Knoxville and I had a cookie craving for Ham and Goodys peanut butter cookies - yum yum! However, Mom's favorite cookie is the lemon cookie, so we got half a dozen of each. Saturday evening, I went to Kingston for the annual Girlfriend's Christmas Party, so I decided to stop by Mom's house and tell her the good news. I took one of the lemon cookies and wrote on it in food coloring "Granny Boo x 2" (note: Mom is Granny Boo to my nephew, River. "Boo" because that is what Dad used to call Mom - short for Bonnie). Mom opened the box containing the cookie and smiled so I figured that she understood the message. Then she asked what the x 2 meant, if it meant that she was a super great Granny Boo!River was in the kitchen so I pointed to him and said "One" and before I could point to myself, she grad her chest and fell against the countertop like she was having a heartattack. I told her that that was not quite the response I was expecting! She was so excited, but has been having heart palpitations ever since!

HOW WE TOLD ADAM'S PARENTS:
Adam called Jo Ann that Saturday and told her that we would like to come down to Kingston on Sunday for dinner! I wanted to do something special for Jo Ann and Frank so I wrote a poem to them from Baby Knies. I knew the first few lines wouldn't be obvious, but knew the more they read the more likely they would know what the poem was about! Adam gave the card to Jo Ann right before dinner and we watched her read it and then she started tearing up and I knew she had read enough to know! Then she handed the card to Frank and he read it very seriously and then turned to Jo Ann, who was crying by that point! Hugs followed! This is very special to Jo Ann and Frank because this will be their first grandchild!

HOW I TOLD DAD:
I didn't have enough time to really do something very special for Dad. He dropped by the house before I could get anything planned. So I very seriously told him that I had some news for him, and I smiled really big. He knew instantly!

We did tell some of the other family members in special ways as well, but I will save those stories for later!
Here are a few pictures taken over the past month!



Vol booties from Jo Ann and Frank!


Granny Boo times 2


Baby Knies


Heart Rate: 156 bpm


Adam said our baby looks like him - big head and big brain!

10 comments:

Ellis Island said...

Congratulations! I thought you might be preggars, but I thought I would wait for a formal declaration to say anything about it. I am so happy for you!!

Jenny Owens said...

I am so happy for you!

Allison said...

You did hint at it in an earlier post and I wondered...
CONGRATULATIONS! Get ready and hold on to your seats - you are about to go on the wildest ride ever! Raising children is the most rewarding (and at times, frustrating) job you will ever have. We are so excited for you! Love, Allison & Elik

Wes and Ashley said...

Yaaaaaaaaay! We're so excited for yall! It's hard to believe that the first time I met you was on your wedding day... and 3 1/2 years later we're celebrating this good news. Hope to see yall soon!

The Deakins said...

I'm so glad you finally told us!!! I was dying! Congratulations officially and if Adam wants to practice changing diapers, he can have Molly anytime! She's a mess! We are so happy for you and any questions embarrassing or not, feel free to ask-Brooke already has! No problem. I wish more people would've told me the "real" stuff!
Congrats again we are so happy for you two! Love the booties! Too cute!
ps I predict girl-heart rate is fast-boys are lazy and have a slower heart rate. any wishes besides the happy and healthy part?

Sam, Brooke & Brylee said...

haha, yah! It's out in the open! =) So glad your ultrasound went well! AND as Whitney said, I am not shy, so I look to her as our experienced professional to fill us in on any details we may be curious about! =) LoL

Jenn and Chris Looney said...

Yeeeeah! Babies! I'm so happy for you two. That's great. :) You'll be wonderful parents.

Family said...

Congratulations Mandy!! I still remember when you and Erin used to play together! You will be a great mother!

Brandi said...

AWWWW Mandy...YAY!! And Congrats to you BOTH!! The thought came to my mind that you might be when I did read your last post!! (you said you were sick) You both will be wonderful Parents!! I look forward to keeping up with you and Baby through your Blog!! The Best of Wishes on Everything!! :)

Travis and Kayla said...

Congrats!! That's great. I know you are excited. Can't wait to read all your updates. =)