CAUTION: Bragadocious Mother Ahead!
Ryne turned 9 months old yesterday! Wow, he didn't even last that long in the womb! At least now I know I can carry him nine months! Ryne has really busted a move in the past month! Ryne has gone from crawling to standing on his own and walking with his push-behind truck (with no assistance from Mommy anymore)! I'm really pushing walking. I know most people think I'm crazy, but my insanity might be paying off! Ryne went for his 9 month well check today and the pediatrician gave the okay for Ryne to start tapering off his reflux meds! Hallelujah!
We have avoided having our little guy "put through the wringer" at the pediatric GI's. This is a major victory for me personally! Sooo many mothers told me to take Ryne to the pediatric GI, yadda, yadda, yadda.... Adam and I decided to follow the advice of the pediatrician and let him do what he could for Ryne's reflux without bringing in the GIs. Yes that meant having Ryne on Zantac and Prilosec twice a day, but it also meant that Ryne would NOT be put to sleep and have a bunch of invasive procedures done just to find out he needed to be on Zantac and Prilosec! The pediatrician said Ryne's reflux would get better as he started to crawl and walk and he was right!
Ryne has started talking more. He now sporadically calls me "mom" not momma, but mom. He started saying "dadda," but not really towards Adam. Adam is still "bubba!" Ryne also says "hey dare" which is think is supposed to be "hey there." Adam and I say "hey there..." a lot!
Ryne sorta waves bye bye. Well, he doesn't really wave, he just raises his hand above his head like his hailing a cab! He also hands a book to me that he wants me to read! Ryne has recently decided he doesn't want to be spoon-fed anymore! So, now we will be trying more finger food, which means he will be gagging more! Poor little guy, he just wants to grow up so fast!
The pediatrician said that Adam and I need to be mindful of everything Ryne does because he is "SMART," and he is going to figure out a way to get anything he wants and get into anything he wants! The pediatrician also said Ryne is one of the cutest babies he's ever seen! What mother doesn't love to hear that? Smart and Cute - there are some things that I will never tire of hearing!
[End of Bragging Zone]
How We’re Organizing Our Digitized Photos
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment