Monday, May 17, 2010

10 Months!

Ryne is 10 months old! I just want time to stop! I can't handle the fact that in two months he will be a year old!
This past month has been insane! Ryne had an ear infection and was on antibiotics for 40 days - that's right, 40! It is so heartbreaking to know you child is in pain and all you can do is give them antibiotics and tylenol (tylenol that was shortly recalled AFTER we finished an entire bottle!). It's hard on the parents too. This past month I've felt like I licked my finger and stuck it in the electrical outlet! Ryne has been pulling at his ear the past few days, so I'm praying he doesn't get another ear infection!
Ryne has started talking a lot more! He says "mama" (only when he's crying),"papa", "dada", "baba", "bapa" (his favorite character is BackPack from Dora), and "boo" (for Boots the monkey on Dora). He has also said two "real" words! He says Daddy, byebye, and he said "river" once! I know most people don't believe that a 10 month old baby said "river", but he did! There was an episode of Dora where they cross the noisy river and of course they repeat the word a million times, and he said "river." I wouldn't have believed it myself, but I was sitting right next to him when he said it. It doesn't hurt that Ryne's favorite cousin also shares that name. BackPack doesn't stand a chance against Cousin River!
Ryne has also been swimming a little lately. We start them out early in this house! It's no surprise that he would absolutely LOVE the water. Adam and I met at the pool and the pool has been a huge part of our lives since. Hopefully as the weather warms up, we can spend even more time in the pool. Ryne will be ready to swim with the 8 and under age group on the swim team next year! Ha!
Ryne is still NOT walking yet. He walks and pushes his walk-behind truck, but he will not do it on his own. If we try to get him to walk on his own, he just sits down. He can actually stand on his own, without pulling up on anything, which makes me think he should be physically capable of walking unassisted. I honestly wonder if he knows he can get around quicker by crawling than walking right now!
Even though I don't want Ryne to grow up to0 quickly, I'm still excited to see what the next month holds!



Ryne giving Dadda the face, while Dadda attempts a "judy chop!"

In the big boy tub!


I Heart Squash!


Real men wear leggings!


Ryne's Baptism!

I do not Heart the back float!




Pool Time!

No comments: