Adam and I had a busy weekend! It is fun getting out of the house some. Adam's cousin and her husband came up for the weekend. We went to the Smokies game on Friday night with Adam's family. The Smokies are an affiliate team of the Cubs, who happen to be Adam's favorite baseball team of all time! The Smokies didn't win (darn those Montgomery Biscuits!) but we still had a great time and the fireworks show afterwards so quite impressive. Plus, Adam won two more tickets to another game anytime this season! Afterwards we went to Downtown Grill and Brewery. We sat on the back porch because we really didn't want to pay a cover to go inside and there was a bar set up outside with several tables. The temperature and weather were nice and we were serenaded by a Willie Nelson look-a-like, who was playing for tips.
Saturday was the Orange and White game. We had the best intentions of going and joining Adam's cousin but instead we stopped by to see my nephew, River. He is growing like a weed and likes to show off his ball skills! Then we met some friends of our at the house we've been looking at.
We really had no intentions of moving for awhile but Adam heard about a good deal on a bigger house in a better school district, and closer to friends of ours in Knoxville, so we had to check in on it. The house is REALLY nice! It has a lot of the things that we couldn't get in our house because of price gouging on the upgrade options. It's has 4 bedrooms, a formal dinning room, and a sitting room with a second fireplace, plus his and hers walk-in closets!
Adam called the builder today. Apparently the good deal wasn't as good as what we were originally told. Sadly, I have already fallen in love with the house, and it would have been a VERY good investment for our future. At least the builder knows how to reach us and knows that we would be interested if the price were right! (Say a prayer!)
Today, Adam and I went to see the movie Forgetting Sarah Marshall. It was VERY funny but a little dirty! I really wasn't expect a full frontal shot of Jason Segel or quite as much cussing, but all-in-all, it was hilarious and I laughed my head off!
So that was our great weekend! Next weekend I'm on my own :( . Adam has continuing ed again (Boo, Hiss!). If anyone wants to have a girls night at my place, I'm up for it. I don't like staying home alone - seriously!
How We’re Organizing Our Digitized Photos
1 week ago
1 comment:
If I was going to be in East Tennessee I'd come spoon with you next weekend! Ha. You're just like me - I hate being alone in our house at night without Chris!
Post a Comment