Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Charlie Brown!

This past Friday was the birthday of one of my good friends, Lauren, or as I like to call her, Charlie Brown. Adam and I met the birthday crew at Preservation Pub for some birthday cake (an adult beverage)! Adam and I have been homebodies lately so it was great to meet up for a birthday celebration!
So, for all of you who are wondering why I call Lauren Charlie Brown, I will tell you the short version of the story! Lauren and I worked together at a restaurant in college. We both worked the morning greeter shift on Mondays and we had to roll silverware very early in the morning before the restaurant opened. I love entertaining people with my Jerry Springer/Montel-esque life experiences, so I staved off the boredom of silverware rolling by telling it all to Lauren. This is what Lauren called Monday Mornings with Mandy!
One Monday morning, Lauren got off work and changed clothes to head to class in Chattanooga and she came out of the bathroom with this really cute sweater that was yellow with black zigzags across it and black ribbon trim around the collar. It really is cute, but it looks like Charlie Brown's shirt from the Peanuts gang! Thus, the nickname was born and an everlasting friendship!
Here are some pictures of the birthday celebration. I may be able to snag some other pictures when they are posted. Yes, I am a picture thief.


The Captain and Charlie Brown!


The Captain and her First Mate!

No comments: