Friday, April 25, 2008

Mandy and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad day!

The title of this blog is a take on "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day." Today was just "one of those days", when nothing seems to go right and everything seems to go wrong.
To start things off on the wrong foot, I woke up late! Last night was truly the first time I have spent the night by myself in probably 2 years, if not longer. So needless to say after checking and rechecking every door lock and window lock in the house, I was still thinking that someone would break in the house and hurt me and Gracie, which I know, in theory, is the dumbest thing ever. So basically I got NO sleep last night and apparently the 3 alarms I set to get up this morning either didn't work or I unconsciously turned them off. I was supposed to have a 9:30 conference call with my director and literally woke up in a panic at 9:32. I called her and tried to play it off like I 'forgot' but I know she knows better! Ha!
When I finally did get up, my overeating, bug-hunting cat had thrown up about 10 crickets all over the house. So after cleaning that up, breakfast just didn't seem all too appealing!
For the next few hours, nothing really went wrong, but I was already way off schedule and everything seems to take longer to do than it was supposed to, so I was running way behind on other tasks, errands, deliveries, etc.
I had to go to Kingston today. I loaded up the car and as I am pulling out of the drive way, I realized that I had no gas. Yay! Still running behind schedule, I drove to the gas station and traded in an arm and a leg for gas and then proceeded to speed my way into some terrible horrible no good very bad traffic, at 2 o'clock. I mean, come on! Shouldn't these people be at work!
Once I got to Mom's house in Kingston, I dropped off some stuff at her house and then opened the trunk to get an order put together for my delivery. I got the product out and shut the trunk, with NO keys in hand! The car doors were locked as well. Pretty much the only way I can lock myself out of the car is to lock my keys in the trunk, which I did! Also, I was supposed to change clothes at Mom's (I came in running shorts and a t-shirt), so my nice clothes were locked in the car, along with the phone number of the customer I was supposed to be delivering to, and others that I needed to call. So I borrowed Mom's car and drove all the way back to Knoxville to get my spare car key. I was about 3 miles from the house and realized that my house key was also locked in the trunk of my car in Kingston, so I had no way to get into the house to get my spare key! Yippee!
So I had to call Dad at work to get his key to my house. I got lost trying to find his office.
The screen on my cell phone is being hateful so I can't actually see anything or look up phone numbers or text anyone - it's just a white screen! I turned on my bluetooth, but when I told it to call Dad it tried to call Maggie or when I tried to call Lauren it called the Warranty department of the company that built our house.
So finally I got to the house; got the spare key; drove back to Kingston, and remembered that I had a headlight out the only person who knew how to change out the headlight (Ronnie) was leaving for several hours and I had to be back in Knoxville for another delivery before he could get back home.

So I essentially accomplished no work done today, whatsoever. I was planning on working hard and getting soo much done. It was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day!
But tomorrow will be better. It HAS to be!

1 comment:

Wes and Ashley said...

Awww... this is no good! I hope your weekend got better!