Adam is 29 years old today! Just imagine...29 years ago, today, the most wonderful man in the world was born! Aww...that really pulls at my heartstrings!
When I asked Adam what he wanted for his birthday this year, he said that he would like to turn 28 again! Ha...poor guy. He doesn't realize that 30 is just right around the corner, which officially makes him old!
Anywho, to celebrate Adam's birthday, we played golf with his coworker and coworker's wife. I really didn't get to play. I was just the designated golf cart driver, since I don't know how to play, and haven't touched a golf club in 16 years. Adam did let me hit a ball into the trees, which I think was mostly for entertainment purposes since it took me 5 times to make contact with the ball - granted I hit it hard and straight when I finally hit the ball. It is not like playing baseball, like Adam said. I understand the concepts of keeping your eye on the ball and swinging, but baseball comes a little more naturally to me! It was a learning experience!
We also learned that the golf course is directly beside a small "detention center" and that occasionally, a detainee will try to bust a move for a last ditch effort for freedom. It really messes up your tee-off when the sirens start blaring and the golf club marshal comes by to tell you that it's just a prisoner escaping! Luckily we were armed with plenty of golf clubs for protection. Hopefully I would have had better outcome with hitting an escapee than the aforementioned golf ball!
We will have more birthday celebrations this weekend. Maybe Adam will get what he wished for!
How We’re Organizing Our Digitized Photos
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment