Saturday, May 24, 2008

Lets All Go to the Movies!

Adam and I went to see What Happens in Vegas, today. I guess everyone is out on the lake today because it was like a ghost town inside the theater lobby. As we started into our theater, I told Adam that I bet there was no one else in there because it was very quiet walking in. To our surprise, I was right! I immediately ran for the best seats in the house - half way up and right smack in the middle of the row! We thought for awhile that we were going to have the theater all to ourselves but eventually a few couples started trickling in. I am a huge people watcher - not for the purposes of being critical of people, but more for the psychology behind it all,(I guess my degree comes in handy sometimes!, and yes, sometimes comedic fodder. After watching about 4 different couples come into an nearly empty theater, I discovered something very ironic. People enter a nearly empty theater the same way they do a nearly full theater. They walk in with their popcorn and drinks and indecisively stare up at the seats for an incredibly long time trying to figure out where to sit. Maybe these people are so accustomed to being in nearly full theaters that they simply can't think for themselves. Maybe theater tickets should come with seat numbers like sporting events! I thought to myself that Jerry Seinfeld should have done a skit or show about this!
Anywho, the movie was great! I like that there was not a lot of cussing, if any, that I could recall, and that it wasn't dripping with sexuality. Adam and I have seen the movies like Super Bad and such that literally make me embarrassed to be sitting there watching them because of the comedic vulgarity. It's nice to know that there is still some good, fairly clean comedy out there!
Adam is taking all next week off. Originally we were going to go to the beach but have decided to wait until it is a little warmer!

1 comment:

Wes and Ashley said...

We saw this movie sometime last week and loved it! It was different than we were expecting in a good way. Have fun spending a whole week with your hubby!