Sunday, May 11, 2008

Birthday Week Wrap Up and Mother's Day

Yesterday Adam and I had our families over to grill out to celebrate Adam's Birthday and Mother's Day since both our mother's and Adam's grandmother were there! We had a great time. Dad nearly burnt the burgers - we will just call them char-grilled! Along with our char-grilled burgers we had Mamaw's wonderful potato salad (since it is the only potato salad that Adam will eat), Mom's Power T Pasta salad and Mamaw's strawberry pretzel dessert.
River made his debut at the family gathering! He was very well behaved and showed everyone his ball-throwing skills. He really has quite an arm for such a little guy. I think anytime he sees Frank for the rest of his life, he will probably automatically throw a ball to/at him, since that seemed to be River's favorite activity other than pretending to squirt us with the garden hose or playing with Dad's Woo Worms (i.e. brightly colored fake fishing bait)!*
*On a side note, that was just about all that was left of Dad's fishing equipment. He found out yesterday morning that a couple thousand dollars worth of his fishing equipment was stolen from his best friends garage. I guess we know what to get him for Father's Day, his birthday and Christmas this year!
Adam made out like a bandit with gifts. He really got some wonderful stuff, which I am excited about because he didn't seem to like my gift all that much! Ha! Also the Moms opened gifts as well. Adam, David and I got Jo Ann the Loving Arms necklace, which has two pearls on it - one that represents Adam and one for David, and Mom got a pair of sunglasses since she was wearing broken ones!
We had a wonderful time yesterday! It was the first time Adam and I have had that many people over at one time (12 plus River, so 12 1/2), but it went off without a hitch! Here are some pictures of the Birthday Week!

29 Candles!




Make A Wish!


His Favorite Gift!


The Moms with Adam

1 comment:

Wes and Ashley said...

Aw we missed seeing yall at the wedding! Hope yall had fun in Gatlinburg!