Tuesday, September 23, 2008

1 Year Ago!

This past Sunday, the 21st, marked our one year anniversary of owning a home! It is definitely exciting, but a little scary at the same time. We had a one year warranty on the house, and as you have probably read in previous blogs, we've had our fair share of problems with the house. So from here on out, it's on us if anything goes wrong again - eek! We had a home inspector come to look at the house and other than a few "cosmetic" boo boos, everything seems to be fine, which is such a relief to us. I know when we have discussed our homeowner woes with other, more experienced people, they say that the first year is when all the kinks get worked out. I hope they are right because I'm not sure how many more kinks Adam and I can handle!
I am looking forward to what the next year holds. Hopefully we will have grass next year, since that seems to be slow going or growing, and hopefully we can do some landscaping on the steep side of the yard, so Adam doesn't have to mow the lawn in baseball cleats! We plan to start painting the rooms different colors - I'm so tired of all beige walls. Maybe that will help with my wall art endeavors, since I seem to be waaay too picky about what I put on our walls!
Wish us luck on our second year - we may need it!

No comments: