But you can teach a cat, or they can teach themselves! As some of you may know, I have somehow managed to possess the two strangest and neediest cats ever! Gracie has an aversion to men, for some reason (possibly because Ronnie used to chase her around the house to scare the mud out of her) and Chuck has an aversion to nothing except the word NO! Most people think that my cats are dumb - granted they do act that way a lot, but my kitties have many talents! Gracie was the first cat I had ever seen actually fetch something like a dog. She is obsessed with hair bows and she will fetch a thrown hair bow all day! Chuck has also picked up the fetching skill but with a toy monkey (aka: Monk Monk) instead! But wait there's more!
When Adam and I lived in our first apartment, Gracie's 'room' was the guest bathroom. One day she started pulling all the toilet paper off the roll. I remember calling Mom and telling her about it -it seemed strange that Gracie was fascinated with toilet paper! I also remember jokingly telling Mom that it would be funny if Gracie started to 'use' the toilet paper - instead of wasting it! Well slap me silly and call me Susie, because I came home one day and found toilet paper in Gracie's litter box! Gracie had the kitty porta-potty type litter box with the lid on it so it's not like toilet paper fell in the box - she took it in there!
Well Chuck has learned a bathroom trick as well, and it's better than Gracie's! Chuck has actually learned how to flush the toilet - all by himself! He only seems to do it when I'm around, and I don't think Adam believes it, but it's true! He stands on the scale for a little more height and stands on his hind legs and pulls down on the handle with his front paws with enough force to flush the toilet! Now if only I could get him to use the toilet, then I wouldn't have to change a litter box all the time!
How We’re Organizing Our Digitized Photos
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment