Sunday, February 1, 2009

Bump Watch 2009

Friday, Adam and I went to the doctor's office for our 12 week appointment. Everything went extremely well! The doctor said that despite my little frame, I should be able to deliver naturally unless I had a 9 + lbs. baby! I really don't want to have a c-section or even an epidural. I am hoping that I am just like Mom, and have no labor pains at all!!
We got to hear the baby's heartbeat at this appointment as well! It was so amazing! It was beating so fast. We got to see the heart beating on the ultrasound four weeks ago, but didn't get to hear it. It is so reasurring that things are going well when you hear that little fast-paced heart thumping away!
I have managed to gain absolutely no weight, which is apparently very common. Some moms lose weight from morning sickness, which I did earlier in the month, but I haven't gained any since our visit two weeks ago.
We are almost through the first trimester! It will be such a relief to be safely in the second trimester, and then I should start packing on some pounds! The doctor said I shouldn't gain more than 30 lbs total during the duration of my pregnancy, but 25 lbs is ideal for me and my size!
As we were leaving the doctor's office, another patient's mother was sitting near the elevator and said, "It's a Boy!" to someone on the phone. She apparently just found out the sex of her grandchild. Adam said that he didn't think I would be saying that because he thinks, especially after hearing the heart beat that we are having a girl! We will have to wait eight more weeks to find out! So far, everyone who has made a prediction of the sex of the baby in our families have predicted a girl! Mom predicted it the moment I told her that I was pregnant, as did her mother. Mom is even calling the baby Addison already! Addison is our girl name, and no it is not from the Grey's Anatomy/Private Practice star - lets just go ahead and squash that thought! Addison means Adam's child! Adam and I have no preference for gender, we just want a healthy baby!
So now to the bump. It is here! I've had a bit of a bump for the past few weeks but even Adam wouldn't admit it. It's as if he thought he would get in trouble for saying that I had a bump, like it's a bad thing. However, now there is no denying it - there's a bump! Most people tell me that I don't look pregnant at all, but winter clothing hides a lot, and my pants seem to come up half way on the bump, so it's not as obvious!




The Bump at 12 weeks!



Adam with the "neck pillow!"
Adam and I have been cleaning out the spare bedroom closet to prepare for the baby and moving our office into the spare bedroom. This was a Boppy that I had bought for River, and now that he is too big for it Ronnie gave it to us to have for Baby Knies. All the donated baby stuff is in the spare bedroom closet. Adam pulled the Boppy out and put it around his neck and said, "this is the biggest neck pillow I have ever seen!" I had to get a picture of it - he is too cute!
Our next appointment is in 4 weeks, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Jenn and Chris Looney said...

You are such a teeny little thing and you'll be just the cutest pregnant lady. :) No epidural? Ugh - you're tougher than me!

Brandi said...

Your BUMP is sooo cute!! Glad everything is going GREAT for you guys!!! :-) And I hope you don't have any Labor Pains, cause I did for like 7-8 hrs and then HAD to have the Epidural!! I tried my best to control the pain, but just couldn't...and I have always been able to control pain very well!