Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Pink Night 2009

This has been my second year participating in Pink Night with the Lady Vols! This year the Lady Vols hosted Duke on Monday night, and even though we lost, it was a win for Breast Cancer Awareness! Also again this year, my Mary Kay unit was at the game to help raise money for the Cause! Last year we auctioned off Kisses for the Cure and raised $9,500 to donate to the Mary Kay Ash Charitable Foundation, which funds research grants to help find a cure for cancers that affect women!
This year I got to make over a Breast Cancer Survivor, named Susan. She recently finished treatments and had very little hair growth yet, but she looked like a million bucks, with a huge smile on her face, when I finished with her! She commented several times about having no hair and needing me to "make" her some eyebrows. I jokingly told her she could borrow some of my hair if she needed because I seem to have an excess here recently, which reminded me of why I cut my hair last November! I hope someone out there has a very nice wig of my hair! I'm sure I will have another hair donation to give by the time Baby Knies arrives, if not before then!
Then we all went out on the concourse to gather donations, again for the Mary Kay Ash Charitable Foundation and the Kay Yow Foundation! We did not gather as many donations as last year, so my unit has decided to take it upon ourselves to come up with the rest through our Mary Kay parties in February and March, so I am booking myself silly through the end of March with parties! I'm booking parties everywhere, even out of state with some of my family!
If you'd like to hostess a Mary Kay Party for the Cause, please let me know! I have been doing some very fun shows: Skin Care Cocktails, Chocolate Affairs - (yum!), Spa Nights, and Gorgeous Evening Eyes!

No comments: