Last weekend, I took a huge step, both professionally and personally! I was chosen to attend a special conference in Dallas, Texas for emerging leaders in my Mary Kay unit area! I had never been away from Ryne for more than a few hours at a time, so the thought of being away from him for three whole days and being several hundred miles away, made me very nervous. My first thought was that there was just no way that I could attend. I am a breastfeeding Mom and my son is only 4 months old, so leaving him would be crazy. However, I talked to a few other Mary Kay Moms, and they suggested that I go to the conference to take some time for myself, and actually get a full night of sleep! I had been wanting some girlfriend time lately, so I figured a 13 hour car ride with three girls and a 2 day conference with 180 women sure sounded like girlfriend-time to me!
So last Thursday, I loaded up the car and headed to Dallas with my Director and some other unit members. It was the best decision I could've made! I had a great time! I got to sleep 7-8 hours straight (well, almost straight - I woke up at 3 am one morning and freaked out because I forgot where I was, and hadn't heard the baby cry! Ha!)! I got to meet some other Mary Kay Moms and learn how they manage staying at home with a baby and running a business. I got to tour the Mary Kay Corporate Office and tour a National Sales Director's 15 thousand square foot home - yes I said 15 thousand! (And yes, I will let you all tour my home when I am the number one National Sales Director and bank about $80,000+ a month - yes, a month!)
The last night of the conference my NSD asked me what stuck with me the most from the conference. I told her that although there was so much great training and wonderful success stories, what I realized most about the conference was that Ryne was okay without me! It was so reassuring! I know now that I can work my business and have a baby at home! I get to be at home with my baby more than most women, but now I don't feel guilty for leaving to support my family financially, and to make some women feel more beautiful!
I know Ryne will grow up to be a loving and confident person because I am a more loving and confident person because of my Mary Kay business!
Lindsey and I with NSD Sherril Steinman
Rena's Caddy - yes please!

NSD Rena Tarbet
Rena's House!

Mary Kay Inc. 13 floors (13 is MK's lucky number!) And lucky me, I visited on Friday, Nov 13th!

Mary Kay's vanity

Mary Kay's 14 karat gold sink!
Mary Kay's desk!
1 comment:
sounds like you had a great time. Some of my best memories are from work trips that didn't involve my kids...but shhh, don't tell them! I always feel like a "better" mom when I've left the kids for a little while-more refreshed!
Post a Comment