Ryne took his first solo steps the day after he turned 10 months, so we figured he would be walking within a few weeks! He would take two or three steps and then sit down, fall or reach out for the couch, table, leg, or whatever he could grab on to. Then almost two weeks ago he took about five or six steps when I had some girl friends over for my Color Certification Class. One girl (an experienced Mom with two boys) said, "he'll be walking within two weeks." She was right! This weekend, Mom, Ryne and I went to NC to visit Mom's family and Papa, since he is in the hospital (PRAYERS NEEDED!). Ryne quickly took to Grandma and he started showing off his 'walking' skills. Before the weekend was over, Ryne was truly walking - across the room, on his on volition, instead of us constantly having to coax him into walking! It was so exciting! The sad thing is that Adam didn't go on the trip with us, so he didn't get to see it. Adam did get to see him walk some last night when we got home, so that was a nice little Father's Day present!
Ryne is also talking a lot! He says my name, "boy," "I do," and "hey there!" And no, I'm not one of those silly mothers that thinks any syllable out of their baby's mouth is a word. I don't think Ryne always knows what he's saying but he is saying it - mostly mimicking things he hears a lot! It's nice that other people are starting to hear it as well, so I don't feel like such a looney! Adam asked Ryne if he liked the fish that Aunt Vicki got him and Ryne said "IIIIIIII do!" Adam asked me if Ryne just said "I do" and I told him that he had been saying it all weekend!
I'm so excited to see what the next month holds, but I don't want Ryne to grow up...too fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment