Sunday, June 6, 2010

Bake It Till You Make It!

Last weekend was the Knies Wedding Reloaded, as Adam likes to call it! David and my new sister-in-law, Sarah got hitched over Memorial Day weekend! I guess when there is only one Catholic Church in the entire county and only a few local reception sites, it makes for a deja vu kind of wedding!
I have dabbled in cake making for the past few years, and as most of you know, a wedding cake can be expensive! David and Sarah asked me if I would make their wedding cake for them, and I excitedly said YES! Sarah sent me a picture of a cake with some color swatches. The cake was covered in fondant and I do not work with fondant as much, but I figured practice makes perfect (or as Adam says, "perfect practice makes perfect"), so I should have no trouble working with fondant by the time the wedding rolls around! The design of the cake seemed fairly simple (technically speaking), but ohh was I wrong!
After two three meltdowns, missing the rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, and arriving at the wedding with no time to spare, the cake was finished! It wasn't perfect, but it still looked pretty good and tasted good as well. There may have been a few real tears baked into those tiers, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat...for David and Sarah!


The Cake!


David and Sarah cutting the cake


2 comments:

Ellis Island said...

dude! The cake looks fantastoc! Holly said it looked great too. Well done!!

A Wedding Story said...

That cake is absolutely gorgeous!