Monday, November 22, 2010

16 months!

We time flies when you're having fun!  I'm already getting sad that Ryne is almost a year and a half.  Yikes!  Ryne is becoming more and more "fun!"  He's a ball of energy and learning new stuff everyday!

Ryne is by far rocking his puzzles now.  He's mastered most 2+ years puzzles that we have and he's moved on to a 3+ years puzzle of the ABC's.  He LOVES doing puzzles!  Now he will take all the pieces out by himself and then put them back in all by himself.  Hopefully we can incorporate other aspects of the puzzles like colors and shapes, but for right now, he's not very interested in that.

Ryne is also doing well with kicking a ball.  I know it seems silly, but he is very fluid in his kicking.  He can continuously run and kick the ball without stopping.  Adam and I are thinking that we may have a little soccer player in our future!  Adam hates to watch soccer, so this will be interesting if Ryne develops a talent in it!

Ryne has also learned how to undo the top harness latch on his car seat = not cool!  He will also put the latch together when we get in the car, which is helpful, but not as helpful as not undoing the latch!  I read on the companies website that the top latch is supposed to be easy enough for an adult to get the child out of the car, especially in emergencies, but requires too much dexterity for a child to undo it.  HA!  Ryne uses both thumbs to push up on one side and down on the other to pop the latch.  He knows how the crotch latch works too, but he has yet to undo it, but it's only a matter of time....

Language-wise, Ryne is learning new words everyday!  He can say "outside" now.  He told Jo Ann and Frank's dog to "stay" (with hand motion) the other day and now he says it to people in public!  Ha!  Ryne can also say "shoes" and "socks" - they are necessary for going outside, so of course he would learn those words!

We are STILL struggling with the bottle issue!  UGH!  Ryne will drink from a sippy cup or even a regular cup, if and only if, it does not contain milk.   He will only drink milk from a bottle, and since juice and water still causes him to reflux some, he drinks mostly milk.  The doctor did approve decaffeinated tea that has been watered down a bit to cut the sugar, which seems to be better than juice and water, but I don't want Ryne throwing back tea all day either.

Ryne is such a sweet little boy.  He is giving LOTS of kisses now - open-mouthed, slobbery ones, but they are the best!  Now that Adam and I have our own GOOD camera, we will be sharing more of the magical moments!  And if you want any pictures taken, let me know.  I need some practice!  Who knows...I might make a business of this...if I'm good!

No comments: