A couple of months ago I came across an amazing blog, called Elm Street Life, from a lady Franklin, TN. She made this super cute plaque with the words, "say grace" on it. We always used the term "say grace" when I was growing up, so I fell in LOVE with the plaque project. I have yet to make one for myself, but I decided to take the idea and make another craft with one of my favorite Bible verses!
I have always been fond of the verse from Joshua 24:15, "But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." My grandmother has a needlepoint of this Bible verse hanging next to her front door, and I've always felt it was special to me. I also just happened to have a unfinished wood serving tray that needed a purpose other than to hold junk that needed to be thrown out a loooong time ago!
So this is what I came up with:
The concept was great, the execution needs some work! I had and still have several issues with the outcome. My paint pens kept breaking on me and splattering gold paint all over the tray. Then probably the most obvious things are that the majority of the wording is too small, and for lack of a better term, crooked as a dog's leg! It must be the font that I used. It printed out fairly straight on paper, but when I applied it to the tray it came out with an obnoxiously obvious slant to it (aka: crooked as a dog's leg!).
I am probably going to completely redo it, because I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to things like this, but I wanted to share the idea!
Our All-Time Favorite Podcasts
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment