Tuesday, December 28, 2010

"Santa" and Elf the Roger!

This past weekend was a blessing, but a CRAZY blessing!  Earlier in the week, Ryne said "Santa" for the first time!  We haven't talked much about Santa since Ryne is so little, so I guess after hearing it once, he had it down pat.  Santa Buddies came on TV and we knew Ryne would want to see the dogs, since he is so obsessed.  I was explaining to Adam that the dogs are Santa's buddies.  As soon as I said "Santa, " Ryne  repeated it!  It was so cute!

Thursday evening we moved into my mother's house for the weekend.  We visited with Jonas and Lily at the Knies house and River at Mom's house.  Mom has been doing the Elf on the Shelf thing with River this year.  One day they asked River what the elf's name was and he said Roger.  However, whenever River talked about the elf he called him Elf the Roger.  Thus, the elf is now referred to as Elf the Roger!

Friday morning we celebrated Christmas at Mom's house, since River would be there.  The expression on River's face was priceless!  His eyes bulged out of his head!  It was such a precious moment!  Ryne still doesn't really know what's going on, but he did find his coloring book that Santa left for him and he liked opening his gifts, once he realized that he was supposed to.  Ryne is so particular.  When we opened his gifts, it wasn't enough to just take the wrapping paper off.  He wanted the entire gift opened and assembled -  at that moment.  

Saturday (Christmas Day), we had Christmas at the Knies house.  Ryne got even more cool toys and clothes.  Then it was off the Adam's Aunt's house to visit with the Sexton side of the family!  Mamaw gave Ryne a toy vacuum, a toy remote control and a puzzle.  Ryne has taken to the toy vacuum and remote better than I expected since he is obsessed with the real ones.  The puzzle was a cute puzzle with momma and baby animals one it.  I'm not sure what the age was (I'm assuming 2+ years) but Ryne completed it within seconds!  Mamaw was shocked!  She asked how many pieces were in it and I told her that there were eight.  She asked how many pieces he could do and I told her that he was doing puzzles for 3+ years!  Again, she was shocked!  Ryne did get a few more puzzles that are a little more challenging.  Hopefully, that will keep him busy for awhile!

We were blessed with many wonderful gifts this year, but the greatest gifts were the time spent with our families, giving back, and celebrating the reason for the season!

No comments: