These are Ryne's stats for this month:
Weight: He's still in the low 23 lb range. However, that is enough to make my arms burn when trying to hold him and do other tasks like shop, tiddy up, etc. It's almost like having a 23 lb Shake Weight that goes in every direction, not just up and down!
Height: I think he grows every day. He's really sprouting up.
Head: It now looks bigger thanks to the haircut that Adam gave him!
Language Development: Ryne learns a new word almost daily! He's probably up in the 90s now with words, although it is getting harder to count, since most of his new words are being used in phrases or sentences. One interesting note: Ryne knows and understands the word "No". He knows how to pronounce other words that start with an "N" so he knows the "N" sound. However, he will not say the word "no" or "know!" For instance, he has started saying "I don't know" with arms up and shoulder shrug included, but when Ryne actually says something like "I don doe," which is common because the "d" sounds is easier to make. I wonder if he thinks by saying "no" or "know" that it will actually start to take affect on him! I'm still anxiously waiting for him to say "I love you!" I think we are getting very close, but I'm so anxious to hear those three words!
Not every word or phrase is profound. He still rambles off a bunch of nonsense from time to time.
Comprehension and Recall: Again, Ryne understands almost everything you tell him. He also pretends to not understand. He also has a dang good memory! He remembers playing with certain toys in certain places in the house and will ask where they are if he's in that place. Friday, Adam told Ryne that his Nana and Granddad were coming to see him. Hours later, Adam asked Ryne, "who's coming to see you" and Ryne said "my Nana."
ABCs: Ryne will repeat his ABCs after me, not all of them, by any means, but the first few and then a few others later on in the sequence. He still LOVES his ABC puzzle so I'm trying to use that and the ABC song to teach him more. He can identify a few. He always points to the "V" when I say "B." It is very similar sound, so that's understandable. He will also pretend to not know which letter is which. I asked him where the "H" was the other day. He stared at the piece for a long time, picked it up, looked at me, put it down and said "I don doe" (again, shoulder shrug and hand motions included!). What a stinker! I will admit that it is very hard to 'teach' Ryne anything. If he thinks you're teaching him, he won't have anything to do with it!
Puzzles: Ryne still loves them. He is finally taking an interest in jig saw puzzles, but not able to complete one without some help. Adam and I also got him some new puzzles for Valentine's Day. They are the beginners pattern block puzzles, which is sort of the beginners step to tangrams and such.
Books: Ryne still loves books. He really enjoys being read to and flipping through the pages. He is very good at identifying things in the books as we read to him. He usually sits in my lap for a book, but he has started sitting in his little chair or on the couch to
Other Faves: He is really into cleaning and cleanliness. He wipes up messes, likes baths, brushing his teeth, washing his hands after he takes his diapers out to the trash, and picking up his toys. He is still OBSESSED with the vacuum. I have to hide it in different locations in the house so he can't find it. He moves his potty to the sink all by himself now to use the lid as a stool. He also does this for me when I use the potty, although I am tall enough to reach without it!!! We also just bought him Potty Time Elmo and he likes feeding Elmo, giving a sippy cup to Elmo and putting him on his potty. He likes putting his utensils away after he eats. The only problem with that is he thinks it goes back into the drawer where the clean utensils are!
This is a fun, yet crazy age! Ryne is a blessing and we are really enjoying him right now, even with the Terrible Twos and cutting canines in the mix.
No comments:
Post a Comment