Sunday, February 6, 2011

Realtor, RSV, Sinus and Super Bowl

In that order!

The past ten days have been a whirlwind!  Last Friday, we finally decided to bite the bullet and get a realtor!  It's a decision that is sort of hard to swallow, but most likely necessary.  We need more space and have our eye set on another neighborhood and house to build, so we need to move this house.  We are hoping that even though we have competition in the neighborhood, that it will sell quickly!  Fingers crossed.  Prayers appreciated!

Adam went out of town that evening, for the weekend, and I was left getting the house ready to show and for the realtor to take pictures for the virtual tour.  I have been working on the house for months now.  It takes months to do things like that when you have a toddler....and a husband that doesn't know how to spackle, sand, paint, organize, decorate or clean!  I obviously married Adam for love and not his man-skills!  He married me for my man-skills!   Anywho, I still had work to do.  The realtor wanted us to depersonalize the house some, which means taking down the pictures on the frig, controlling/removing the toy mayhem, etc.  She also told us to start packing everything we wouldn't need for six months because it would save us time and stress later on down the road.  The realtor thinks the house will sell in 2-3 months!  Lord I hope so!  So I had A LOT of stuff to do while Adam was gone.

Meanwhile, Ryne had a cough that progressed into something quite nasty - RSV- the most dreaded three letters to mothers of infants and toddlers!  We missed the birthday of a friend's kid on Saturday because I was worried this runny nose and cough was contagious, seeing as Ryne got it from River  only days before.  Sunday, it was worse and Ryne was really starting to act sick.  So Monday morning I took him to the doctors office.  They tested him for the flu and RSV and the RSV test came back positive!  Then the scary talk of breathing treatments, etc came up and my heart started breaking.  Luckily for Ryne, he didn't have to do breathing treatments, but there's not much you can do for viruses.  So Tylenol and Pedialyte have been my friend!

Ryne has hardly eaten in a week.  He just felt awful and acted sick, which is rare for him.  It was so heartbreaking!  I took him back for a recheck on Thursday and he was literally running through the waiting room with no shoes on and yelling "AHHHHHH" from one end to the other.  He got a good report.  As of tomorrow (Monday) he shouldn't be contagious anymore, so I am hoping to get him out of the house some!

Also, meanwhile, I got a lovely little sinus infection.  It's my fourth or fifth since September!  This one has been a beast!  I have felt terrible since Monday or Tuesday.  I finally had to make an appointment on Thursday for myself, which means I had to take Ryne with me.  I have been able to avoid taking him to doctors visits because Adam is off on Fridays, but I couldn't wait until Friday.  I also got some not so wonderful news at the doctor.  First the doctor wanted to know for certain that it was a sinus infection - um I'm the Sinus Queen, I know what I'm talking about!  The bad news is that I can't/shouldn't have antibiotics anymore for sinus infections because I have them so often, the doctor thinks I will build up a resistance to them.  That's bad if I need them later on down the road for something more serious.  There were other medication options but some I can't do/take because I have some allergies and such to those meds, so basically the doctor said that I was out of luck.

The doctor asked if there was a day that I EVER felt normal.  He was surprised when I said Yes.  He asked if I was from the area.  Again, he was surprised when I said Yes.  He was also surprised that I am not taking a daily allergy medication.  Basically, the doctor believes that I have a pretty serious daily allergy problem that is not being treated that is causing all of the sinus infections.  That news is in a way surprising to me.  I had allergy shots in college and have taken as many as two allergy medications daily since then as well.  I stopped the allergy shots after two years, even though I was supposed to have them for four years, and I had to stop taking all my allergy meds when I got pregnant with Ryne.  After Ryne was born, I didn't feel like I had a serious enough problem to need daily allergy medication again, so I never started back.

So where I stand at this point is, no antibiotic, so I'm totally roughing it on this one, and I will have to use a saline sinus rinse daily for the rest of my life!  Yippee!  I am going to call my old allergist this week to see if I can get an appointment to discuss allergy meds and shots...again.  And in the mean time, I have been through two entire boxes of Puffs plus lotion (only kind I will use),  2/3 of a roll of toilet paper (the day I ran out of Puff plus lotion and felt too terrible to go get more), and enough sinus rinse to brine 5 Thanksgiving turkeys!  And now, after have some allergic asthmatic attack in Kroger, I will be sporting my fancy inhaler again!  You know you're jealous.

So now to the sports highlight of the season...Fergie totally bombed!  I noticed that her mike wasn't up enough when she first started singing and I think they should have kept it that way!  Sorry Fergie Ferg, but that was anything but G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S!

No comments: