Friday was River's 4th birthday! It's hard to believe he's 4, although he acts older than four most of the time. Saturday was Ronnie's 29th birthday! Ha Ha! He's getting old! This is the last year of the twenties and he's not taking it very well! Really, though, it's all down hill after you turn 21!
Anywho, we celebrated River's (and Ronnie's) birthday on Saturday. I, of course, am the designated birthday cake maker - that's why I took the classes in the first place! This year, Riv wanted an Optimus Prime cake. I was certain that he would want Buzz Lightyear or a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle cake, but nooooo, he wanted freaking Optimus Prime! [said in a whiney sarcastic tone!] I wasn't sure how I was going to pull it off. I wanted to do a 3-tier cake with each tier representing a portion of OP's body. Adam quickly talked me out of that, since he said that I ALWAYS take on too much with the cakes I do. So, I agreed to do OP's head and a very simplistic representation of OP's head.
I took the cake to Mom's with it stacked but not iced on the outside. I didn't want to mess anything up in the transportation. River was excited about the idea of a cake, but looked a little disappointed when he just say 4 layers of chocolate cake and no Optimus Prime in sight. I explained that the cake would "transform" into Optimus Prime! That concept was magical! Riv watched me decorate his cake and transform it into my rendering of Optimus Prime. By the end, he was so excited!
I am definitely not the best cake decorator, but 4 year-olds seem to be quite impressed with my work! That makes it all worthwhile!
Optimus Prime Cake
Cousins learning to share!
Look at that sweet face!
and then that face!
The Birthday Boys!
He got his first bike!
Birthday Boys again
Two Thumbs Up for the OPC
Blowing Out the Candles
T-Rex getting some OPC
Ronnie doing the Dadda job of assembling toys!
Blue Mouth
I wish this hadn't blurred! His face is priceless though!








2 comments:
Love it!
What an awesome cake!!
Post a Comment