Well the magic going on in our bedroom is redecorating magic. I have been magically able to redecorate with little money to work with...cuz we po'. Apparently we are so poor that we don't have enough to even spell the word out all the way!
I will have to track down a before picture, but it involved ivory and beige zebra print!
After
Swing-arm wall sconce
Grapevine squares with pictures
Painted Grapevine Wreath
Mirrors: painted, crackeld and white-washed
Painted Grapevine wreath up close
So here's the Magical Boudoir Breakdown:
Brown Quilt: already had (Pottery Barn)
Duvet: already had (Pottery Barn)
Shams: same as above...apparently we weren't "po'" at one point in our marriage!
Curtains: dupioni silk (Pottery Barn) - all courtesy of "Santa"
Body Pillow: already had (got it when I was pregnant)
Sheets: $45ish - Target (compared to the previous $179 zebra print sheet set from Pottery Barn) we made out like bandits this time!
Teal Boudoir Pillow: $12 Kirklands
Swing-arm sconces: courtesy of Santa again (he shops at Home Depot and they are a little under $50 a piece - Pottery Barn ones were too much for Santa...roughly $160 a peice!
Grapevine Squares: $8.99 a piece at JoAnn's (the store, not my mother-in-law!) I had 2 40% coupons for 2 of them.
Pictures: Walgreens 10 cent picture deals (the cardstock matting was about 69 cents a piece at JoAnn's)
Mirrors: a friend of mine bought theses at a yard sale for a few bucks. She couldn't use them so she gave them to me for FREE! I did buy acrylic paint and crackle medium, so roughly a few bucks spent on that.
Round Grapevine Wreath: under $6 - Jo Ann's (store). They are $8.99 but I had another 40% off coupon. I used the same paint from the mirrors and did sort of a 'wash' on it!
Pretty much everything else we had already. I sold the zebra print chaise lounge that was in our room from before and was able to redo our bedroom, bathroom and some stuff for Ryne's room!
Also the pictures are experimental! I am working in the "creative" setting on my new camera, so I'm still getting the hang of ISO, f stops, and such. The lighting in our bedroom is terrible, so it's the best I can do for now! Hopefully better pictures to come soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment