As most of you know, Lent began this month! I ALWAYS look forward to Lent each year. It gives me a wonderful chance to give up something that I usually need to give up anyway! Last year, Lent was not very successful for me! I gave up Pepsi! I am a Pepsi addict so this was a HUGE sacrifice! However, about 3 days into Lent, I became very sick - dizzy, nauseas, etc. This went on for about 2 days, and then I decided to check my blood sugar level (I am the geek that has a blood glucose monitor in their home), and it was in the low 50's! If you know anything about blood sugar levels, 50 is dangerously low! So, needless to say, I had to start drinking Pepsi again, only in moderation!!
This year I was torn between giving up Pepsi or candy. I am also a candy addict. It is my comfort food! However, after last year's experience, I decided candy was the safer bet! So today is 2 weeks with no candy! I'm actually really proud of myself! I have started eating fruit in place of candy - a lot of fruit! Fruit doesn't quite hit the spot like sweettarts, suckers or skittles! However, it helps to know that I can make other nutritional choices when I am in need of comfort food!
I hope I can keep it up. I still have a little over a month left! Hopefully I wont turn into a blueberry or some other fruit like that girl in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! I have nightmares about that!
Our All-Time Favorite Podcasts
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment