Friday, October 10, 2008

UT vs UGA game day snack

Adam's cousin made this snack at the UT vs. Florida game. I loved it so much that I looked it up on the food network to find a similar recipe and found out that Paula Deen is the creative genius behind the snack. Adam and I are having friends over tomorrow for the game and so while making the snack again for tomorrow I realized this is the perfect snack for tomorrow's game because it's orange and white with a little red in it!

Here's the Pimiento Cheese Recipe from Paula Deen:

Ingredients:

  • 1 (8-ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar
  • 1 (8-ounce) package shredded white Cheddar
  • 1 (4-ounce) jar pimientos, with juice
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • Salt and pepper

Directions

Mix the shredded cheeses together with the pimientos. Stir in the mayonnaise. With a metal spoon (pimientos will stain plastic or wood), stir until the mixture is well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir again. Keep covered in the fridge until ready to use.

Serve with corn chips or bread.


P.S. I don't use as much mayonnaise because Adam hates mayonnaise. I use no more than 2 Tablespoons of mayo! Also we use the Townhouse cookies that taste buttery instead of corn chips or bread!

1 comment:

Wes and Ashley said...

MMMMmmmm I'm obsessed with the Paula Deen cookbook I got! The Lady's Mac and Cheese is our favorite!