Friday, April 22, 2011

Connect with Purpose

I definitely experienced this during my Wednesday night photography class!  We had three local photographers that have taken the very class that I'm taking and have made it pretty big in the photography industry...especially the local photography industry!  I was hoping this class would lift my spirits and it most definitely did!

Enter Bryan Allen (Google him)!  He is a fabulous photographer and what's best is, he shoots like I do (or like I attempt to do) - candid (for his lifestyle photography).  Although he is much better than I am!  I have visions of being that good and maybe if I can go to some of his workshops and work my booty off, I too can become that good!  One can only hope!  Anywho, he is just one of those people whose personality and energy is just contagious - like in a way that you just want him to breathe on you so you can catch that personality and energy!   He started talking and I just wanted to be his best friend - instantly!

He talked some about his philosophy of photography and in essence life in general.  I LOVED every bit of it.  It's like all the things I wished and dreamed I could do/be/etc., were all encompassed in this one really cool guy standing at the front of the class.  I like his philosophy and his style of photography, I just wish I could manage to maintain it consistently instead of having what seems like brief moments of enlightenment.

Bryan talked a lot about creativity and how to get it.  I think to some extent my creativity has taken a backseat, since I've been focusing more on learning how to use the camera properly.  My goal is to train my brain on how to operate the camera properly in all situations and then let my creativity run wild.  I want to be so comfortable with the camera that I don't have to think about it anymore and let my creativity take over!


I think the other thing I liked about Bryan so much is that he sort of reminded me of Ryne - a grown up, more mellow version of Ryne!  He is an electrical engineer by day and does photography on the side.  His quirks and areas of interest seemed so much like Ryne's.  I just wish Ryne would mellow out a little already - sheesh!  I guess that's what any parent can hope for - that you raise a will-adjusted, smart, creative, centered, passionate, friendly child!

Anyway, my spirits have been lifted!  Not only did I connect with my purpose, I connected with someone else with a similar purpose who can be a fabulous inspiration for me and my photography!  I'm excited for the future!  

1 comment:

Ellis Island said...

Yes! So inspiring to hear that you are lifted up! This guy sounds amazing and contagious..even through your words! : )