Friday, April 29, 2011

Well Butter My Biscuit...

Chocolate Biscuit Cake that is!  Okay so that's a terrible segue to the Royal Wedding, but how else do you mention the South and the Royal Wedding in the same paragraph?

I have to admit that I had no intention of watching the Royal Wedding.  I don't know why, but I didn't.  I did want to check out a few of the highlights so around 9 AM this morning I tuned into CNN.  Why CNN, which I never watch?  Well Adam was watching some sports junk on TV and CNN was the closest channel on the guide covering the Royal Wedding!

I was about to change the channel when all of a sudden, I thought I recognized a familiar face (or 2) in the audience on the lawns of Westminster Abbey.  The reporter turned to interview these familiar faces, and I realized that yes they were very familiar!   Adam's cousin Leah and her daughter Olivia were on national news and outside the Royal Wedding!  I started screaming for Adam to come into the living room and of course he didn't respond.  I was so excited all I heard from the interview, before literally hurdling the couch (I guess all those years of running the hurdles for the track team finally paid off!), was that they came all the way from Nashville, Tennessee!  I was excited about the Royal Wedding from that moment on...obviously!

I LOVED the dress, like so many others!  It was modest, but stunning.  Kate's bouquet was also quite modest compared to what we usually see these days.  I'm assuming the floral budget was not a generous portion of the reported $23 million!  Kate also seemed to keep her composure, which I couldn't have done and didn't do at my own wedding.  So props to her!  I would have been a blubbering idiot!

Anywho, members of the Knies family has been making quite a few national news appearances this year!  Hopefully, I will get to see some great pictures, if they could even see well enough to take any!

No comments: