Mom and Dad took Ryne back to there house to stay the rest of the day and night. They wanted Ryne to come down for a slumber party of sorts with River, and Adam and I had a Baby Party to attend to that night! Ryne and River played well together all day and even dyed Easter eggs that night! Mom put Ryne in the bed with River later that evening and Ryne rolled over and started screaming in River's face, so Ryne ended up in the pack n play by the end of the night! Maybe we'll try the big boy bed another day!
Friday evening Adam and I drove up to Kodak to my best friend's house for her Baby Party! I've never heard of a party like this but it was so cool! Charlotte and Kris went to the OB Friday morning for an ultrasound of their baby to find out the sex of the baby and check out all the inner workings of Baby T. They asked the ultrasound tech to write the sex of the baby in a card and include the ultrasound pictures of the gender-specific parts in the card. They went to Magpies bakery and gave the sealed card to them. Magpies put gender-specific colored icing (blue or pink) between the layers of the cake, and covered the outside of the cake in sort of an ivory color. So basically, Charlotte and Kris would have to cut the cake to find out what they were having! So of course, they invited about 30 of their closest friends to come eat some fabulous food and view the cake-cutting. They even did a drawing for a prize, if you guessed the correct sex of the baby. I just knew it would be a girl...until I started taking pictures of the cake! I noticed a faint line through the icing, that no one else noticed! So when they cut the cake, I knew the icing in the middle would be...BLUE! They were so excited! Now Ryne will have another little guy friend in September!
Saturday morning, we woke up to a text from our realtor that said we had a viewing at 4:30. Adam and I were expecting to pack and leave for Kingston for Easter dinner with my family, but the viewing threw a temporary wrench into that plan. We had to clean like crazy! We had a spill on the carpet from the night before that had to be cleaned up with a steam cleaner. So we had to go get that and then put fans on the carpet in hopes that it would dry before the viewing time. We got the house spotless in just a few short hours, showered and then packed for Kingston. Ryne had been outside all day at Mom and Dad's - no nap. He hunted eggs all day and ran all over the back yard trying to love on my dog, Hannah or "Nanna" as Ryne calls her! We had a fabulous Easter dinner: shrimp, steak, some kind of roasted onion, etc. It was all so good! I think Dad was excited to break in the new grill! Later that evening we went to Adam's parents' house to see his brother and his family.
Easter morning, we woke up early...because Ryne woke up early, and started getting ready for church. We showed Ryne his Easter basket, which was an Elmo basket, filled with everything Elmo! At first Ryne didn't seem interested until we started pulling stuff out of the basket. Then he'd say "whoa" or "wow" after each item was pulled out! It was so cute! While getting ready for church, we experienced the power outage, like the rest of Kingston! I thought I'd be going to church with a raggedy ponytail and wrinkled clothes, but luckily the power came back on with enough time for me to straighten my wavy mop of hair.
Ryne did pretty well during church, until the last half - the crying room was full so we ended up sitting in the back of the church. He couldn't sit still after awhile and started getting fussy. He just wanted to go outside and who could really blame him on such a beautiful day! Finally Adam took him out and then right before communion, I left as well so that Adam could come in for communion, since I can't participate in communion at the Catholic church :(. We were able to stick around long enough to get a little Holy Water on us - Thank the Lord! Ryne and I walked down the street and looked at bushes, trees, flowers and cars. As we walked back towards the church, the people living right next door to the church decided to try to pull a fence post up (during the service) with a big, loud truck. Ryne was fascinated by it all! He stood there and watched until they finally got the post out. Ryne is really into some man-work: mowing, climbing ladders, weed eating, etc.
After lunch we headed back to Adam's parents' house for lunch and some fun with the water hose! Ryne was soaked, head to toe from playing with the water hose, but he had SO much fun! He just wants to be outside, and I don't blame him, since we had wonderful weather this weekend! I guess ABCs, 123s, puzzles and books are going to be on the back burner this summer. Although, yesterday at Mom and Dad's house, Ryne got the water hose again and instead of playing with it, he studied it - like total concentration on the water coming from the hose, how it hit the porch and where the water went. I think he's learning a lot by being outside, even if it's not ABCs and such!
I hope everyone had a Happy Easter!

No comments:
Post a Comment