Thursday, June 2, 2011

Weave Me the Sunshine

This morning my 84 (almost 85) year old grandmother had double bypass surgery.  She's had heart problems for roughly ten years now but her heart was too weak to do bypass surgery.  She managed her heart problems with medication all these years, and her heart finally got strong enough for surgery! 

Originally they were going to do a triple bypass, but once they started the procedure they were unsure about doing the third bypass, so they left it at two.  I talked to Mom a little while ago and she says that Grandma is out and looks good!  It's such a relief! 

So what's up with the title?  The song, "Weave Me the Sunshine" by Peter, Paul and Mary, has been going through my head all day today!  I used to sing that song a lot when I would stay at my grandparents' house during the summer and later my grandmother told me that she always enjoyed me singing that song! 

So this is for Grandma:

Weave, weave, weave me the sunshine out of the falling rain
Weave me a hope for a new tomorrow and fill my cup again!

No comments: