Saturday, January 19, 2008

Big K, Little mart

Adam and I went to K-Mart, or the "Big K" as it is called now, for the first time in probably 15 years! The daughter of Adam's co-worker was having a birthday party today and she is a Dora the Explorer fanatic. She has everything, and when I say everything, I mean EVERYthing Dora! K-Mart actually has a good selection of Dora stuff, so we went there today to find a gift for her. K-Mart is very small inside, and we walked from one end to the other looking for the Toy section, which was very small as well. As we were wondering through the Toy section we stumbled upon the Christmas Clearance section. I was very surprised to see any Christmas stuff still out. Valentines stuff was out before Christmas was even here, and now gardening supplies and other spring-type odds and ends are out. Anywho, K-Mart had their Christmas stuff on clearance for 90% off! I couldn't believe it! I don't think I've ever seen a 90% clearance rack it my entire life. I always thought that if an item didn't sell at 75% off it was shipped off to Never Never Land - never to be seen again! Adam and I racked up on Christmas supplies. We didn't pay more than $0.99 for anything. Bows: $0.39; 150 gift tags: $0.15; 75 ft of Martha Stewart gift wrap: $0.39; set of 18 Martha Stewart Christmas ball ornaments: $0.99. Being able to buy all the Christmas supplies for the rest of your life for under $5.00: PRICELESS!

No comments: