Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I'm Gonna Make You a Recipe You Can't Refuse!

I take after my father when it comes to cooking- throw stuff in a pot that taste good and see what happens! No recipes. No measurements. Dad and I do borrow recipes from other chefs sometimes, but we ALWAYS change something. We are sooo critical of the food we make! I like making quick and easy recipes when I don't have a lot of time.

So here is "The Godfather".

1 lbs of chicken tenders
1 packet of dry Alfredo sauce mix
milk
butter
garlic powder
1 or 2 cans of diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese
flour
salt & pepper
olive oil
oregano


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350

Get a large frying pan and add olive oil (this is the South, so I know you know how to fry chicken). Trim the excess fat of the chicken. Combine salt, pepper,a little garlic powder (all to taste) and flour in a gallon size Ziploc bag. Put chicken in the Ziploc and shake! When the chicken is completely coated add to frying pan. Make sure the olive oil is pretty hot (set on medium heat) - otherwise the oil will soak into the chicken and make it oily/greasy. Fry chicken until golden brown. The chicken doesn't necessarily have to be completely done because you will bake it afterwards. Cut into bite-size pieces!

Make Alfredo sauce according to directions on the packet -usually it includes milk and butter with the dry ingredients.

Combine chicken, Alfredo sauce, can of diced tomatoes and oregano (we LOVE oregano) in a deep casserole dish! Mix well! Also you can add more salt and pepper to taste and even some basil, if you are feeling adventurous.

Cover dish and bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes. Take out of oven and completely cover the top with mozzarella cheese. Put back in oven for about 5 minutes or so. I like the cheese to be a little crispy along the edges of the dish, but not burnt!

This recipe makes enough for about 4 people to enjoy!

I never make this recipe the same way twice, so if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Also, I have no pictures to post because my husband is a BIG eater!
And feel free to to whistle "The Godfather" music!

No comments: