I recently joined a Book Club with some girls with whom I went to high school. I am really enjoying it, even though the January book made me nauseous and gave me nightmares! Mom always complains that I never finish a book or take soooo long to finish one, but truth be told, I am usually reading at least 3 books a any given time. I have one book a month for the Book Club plus I always read a motivational book of some kind and a leadership book to guide me through my Mary Kay career! My FAVORITE author for motivational/leadership books is John C. Maxwell. What I like most about him is that he is a minister, so he incorporates the Bible and Christian beliefs and teachings into all his books and the Maximum Impact CD's of his that I constantly listen to while in the car. So I am currently reading
The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett for Book Club (also in Oprah's Book Club),
Developing the Leader within You by John C. Maxwell,
Free to Be Beautiful by my National Sales Director, Karen B. Ford, and a daily Bible devotional that includes scripture! Also, if you would like to join the book club, let me know. We meet on the last Sunday of each month around 1:30ish, and we rotate each month as to who picks the book and hostess the Book Club for the following month!
No comments:
Post a Comment