Monday, March 17, 2008

Our Big Weekend

Adam and I have become somewhat "homebodies" lately! We have been spending most of our weekends at home or in Kingston with our families! It is actually nice being able to stay at home some. However, this weekend was the start of Spring Break for so many of my friends. My friend, Charlotte, just finished one of her hardest semesters in Law School, so she wanted to go out to celebrate. She and her husband invited us to go along. There is not a lot to do in Knoxville other than go out to eat or see a movie, so we decided to go all out! Ha! We went to a new restaurant called Amerigo's, and then we decided to go see a movie. We got to the movie theater and nothing was showing, that we all wanted to see, until later in the evening. I wanted to see Horton Hears a Who, that was showing at 9:40, but I could not convince the 3 other adults to see a children's movie, and Charlotte's husband used his only veto on my movie! So we decided to see an older movie at the dollar theater - big spenders, I know! Then we decided to be as cheap as possible so we went to Target to buy candy to take into the theater, since theater candy is incredibly overpriced! So we get to the theater and are at the window to purchase our tickets ($2 a person!) and the window guy asks Adam if the card he was paying with was a debit card - Yes! Then the guy tells Adam that they charge $0.99 to run a debit card, so Adam tells him to run it as credit. The window guy then told Adam that they do not take credit cards! Ha! Adam did his signature move when he is stupefied - head down, 1 slow blink, nods his head, then looks up again and swallows his pride, and anger! We got the tickets and then Adam proceeded to talk about how their credit card policy is so stupid! We saw I Am Legend and loved it. It comes out on video tomorrow, I think!
So that is Our Big [spenders] Weekend in a nut shell! Ha!

2 comments:

Wes and Ashley said...

Hahaha... I'm trying to picture Adams reaction. Too funny! I went not long ago and couldn't believe the dollar theater was now two dollars a ticket!

Jenn and Chris Looney said...

Ha - I can SO picture Adam's reaction. Too funny. I think we both saw it all too often when those idiot kids (you know the ones) would do something crazy at the pool. :)