Saturday, March 8, 2008

Sam's Salmon

I found this wonderful recipe while Adam and I were walking around Sam's Club in 2004. As a rule, I always going into Sam's Club hungry because they have such awesome samples to try, and on this particular visit it paid off well! Adam and I tried what we thought was chicken with some kind of cracker on it and it was so good that we asked the Sample Lady what it was and all the other ingredients. We were both shocked that it was salmon with ranch dressing mix and Ritz crackers on top. If you know Adam then you know that he hates white creamy foods like sour cream, mayonnaise, cream-based dips (blue cheese dip, etc.), and Ranch dressing! So after getting all the ingredients at Sam's Club I put them all together, and figured out how to cook it to perfection! I made this for the first time for Adam on Valentine's Day in 2004 and he LOVED it - ranch dressing and all!!!

Sam's Salmon

2 lbs of salmon fillets (if you get a big piece so salmon, cut it into portions)
1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing mix
15 Ritz crackers

Lightly grease the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking dish with Pam or butter. Wash the salmon fillets and lightly cover each fillet with the Ranch dressing mix ( I only put a little on Adam's because he still has a Ranch dressing phobia). Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. While the salmon is cooking, put the 15 Ritz crackers in a ziploc bag and crush into small pieces. After salmon has cooked about 15 minutes, pull it out and top each fillet generously with Ritz cracker pieces. Put dish back in oven for about 20 to 25 more minutes. The salmon should 'flake' when it is throughly cooked!

This is a simple, easy recipe that I hope you all will love!

1 comment:

Jenn and Chris Looney said...

YUM!! I love salmon - if I can only get Chris to try ANYthing from the sea, I'll try this one :)