Then Adam and I headed to the Knies house to get ready for Midnight Mass. I was a little worried that I wouldn't make it all the way through Mass this year. Midnight is a little past my bed time and I was still feeling very sick, but I made it through despite the fact that I could've fallen asleep right there on the wooden pew and the blast of incense that kept wafting my direction!
Christmas morning was exciting as usual. Jo Ann and Frank do waaaay too much for us and we are so grateful. I honestly had no clue what I would be getting since Adam is so sneaky, but he did an incredible job letting everyone know what I would like. Like I said, we get way to much but I did want to hightlight a few gifts.
In November my flat iron broke, and if you have wavy hair like mine, a flat iron is your best friend! I told Adam that it was broken and that I needed to buy a new one but he refused to let me because it was a potential gift! So I have been sporting the curly hairdo or a very fluffy, half-wavy, half straight coif ever since. After opening my gifts from Adam, he asked if I was expecting the Nikon S 60 and I told him that I was expecting him to buy me the flat iron, especially since I left the broken one sitting out so he could use it as a reference! He looked me straight in the eye with a worried look and told me that he completely forgot to put the flat iron on my Christmas list. I was a little shocked but then figured that I could just go buy one after Christmas. Well, Adam is a very good liar! Jo Ann and Frank not only bought me a flat iron, but a CHI flat iron, which is the best ones on the market, and one of the pricier ones! I've always wanted a Chi but couldn't really justify spending the money on it. It was a great suprise!
Also, I have been mentioning for years that I wanted to go to Biltmore at Christmas because supposedly the house is decorated to the hilt! Adam and I went 2 years ago in the fall and loved it. So of course, Jo Ann and Frank came through with tickets for the candlelight tour. We will be heading to Asheville on Friday, the second for our Biltmore adventure!
One of Adam's big gifts is that he got his car fixed. Shortly after Adam and I got married, a tree at the cruddy apartment we lived in fell on Adam's car. It didn't hurt the car, but left tons of sap on it. Over the years the sap has caused the paint to peel, so they got it fixed. The car looks like new!
This afternoon we will be packing up and driving to Louisville, KY to spend NYE with our friends the Crasses! We haven't seen them since they moved to Louisville in August, so it will be so fun, even if I am still a little under the weather.
2008 has been a wonderful year, full of blessings! However, 2009 will be our year! It will be full of blessings that we can't even imagine as of right now!!!!!
Happy New Year from the Knieses!
Midnight Mass!
Too Many Gifts!
Biltmore Tickets!
David as an elf sporting his athletic attire that Adam and I gave him!
New Shoes!
Frank's gift was in a Crispix box!
No comments:
Post a Comment