Well, that is if you are a portable electronice device in our home! Every year Adam and I swap gifts early because we typically spend Christmas Eve with Mom and Dad and Christmas Day (including midnight mass) with Jo Ann and Frank. So Adam and I like to have our own little Christmas before Christmas!
So Saturday night Adam let me open my gifts (none of his had come in the mail yet)! First he let me open the non-fun gift - necessary apparel, and then he shocked me with the very fun gift. I had asked for this gift and didn't actually think I would get it because it was expensive and more so than what I thought when I asked for it, but Adam pulled through! He give me a new digital camera - the new Nikon S 60 - the one in the Ashton Kutcher comercial with the touch screen! I knew someone would probably get me a new camera but I thought they would get me a cheaper one, and I would have been totally satisfied with whatever I got. My old digital camera is a 5 megapixal Kodak Easyshare. It cost over $500 when I bought it years ago - back with 5 megapixals was the most megapixals you could get, so it was time for an upgrade to some more megapixals!
Also, this year we actually opened gifts with my family this past Sunday because Ronnie has my nephew then and we all wanted to be there to see him open his gifts. So, Mom lets us open the gifts from her then too. Mom bought Adam and I the new Blackberry Storm - the first touch screen Blackberry! We are still trying to figure everything out about them, but so far, we both love them! I really needed a new phone and our agreement is up in January so I qualified for a new phone discount. At first I wanted the LG Dare, which is also touch screen, but I kind of wanted a Blackberry, more for the business aspect of it. So I held out for a few months with my old school phone and lucked out when Blackberry came out with a touch screen!
Adam and I have never had the NEW cell phone. We always get one of the cheaper ones. Adam left the house in shock Sunday night and kept asking if we REALLY had the Blackberry Storm! I have to admit that it has been so nice having a Blackberry the past few days, since I've been sick in bed a lot. So now I can have my phone by the bed and get email updates as soon as they come into my inbox! So Monday, a customer emailed me an order that she needed right away. I didn't have to get out of bed -feeling sick- to check my email, much less, email her back. I could do it right there in my warm cozy bed with my Sprite and crackers! It was also nice getting updates on Adam's gifts being shipped as I was running other errands!
So finally half of Adam's gifts have been delivered. It's funny how the gifts you order the earliest are the late ones to be shipped, and may not make it by Christmas at all, and the gift I ordered Saturday arrived today! I was so excited about the gift that arrived today. It was a gift that Adam had not asked for, but I knew he would love it.
I failed to mention that it is tradition for Adam and I to open our gifts from each other and then watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - every year! So Adam brought out the DVD and the gift idea popped into my head, so I ran to the computer to search for it and order if possible! I think Adam's favorite character from the movie is cousin Eddie, and Adam drinks eggnog everyday between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so what better gift than the Marty Moose eggnog cups from the movie! Well, I didn't order the exact ones, but found some a little bigger and a little cheaper. Apparently the guy who made them for the movie sells them for $90 a piece! Adam was so excited when he opened them and of course tonight he drank his eggnog from the moose cup. All he needs now is a black dickie under a white sweater, with green polyester pants and white patent leather shoes!
I will post pictures as soon as I get the software for the new camera downloaded onto the computer.
Adam and I are so blessed and we will have other blessings to share this Holiday Season, so stay tuned to Keep Up with the Knieses!
So Saturday night Adam let me open my gifts (none of his had come in the mail yet)! First he let me open the non-fun gift - necessary apparel, and then he shocked me with the very fun gift. I had asked for this gift and didn't actually think I would get it because it was expensive and more so than what I thought when I asked for it, but Adam pulled through! He give me a new digital camera - the new Nikon S 60 - the one in the Ashton Kutcher comercial with the touch screen! I knew someone would probably get me a new camera but I thought they would get me a cheaper one, and I would have been totally satisfied with whatever I got. My old digital camera is a 5 megapixal Kodak Easyshare. It cost over $500 when I bought it years ago - back with 5 megapixals was the most megapixals you could get, so it was time for an upgrade to some more megapixals!
Also, this year we actually opened gifts with my family this past Sunday because Ronnie has my nephew then and we all wanted to be there to see him open his gifts. So, Mom lets us open the gifts from her then too. Mom bought Adam and I the new Blackberry Storm - the first touch screen Blackberry! We are still trying to figure everything out about them, but so far, we both love them! I really needed a new phone and our agreement is up in January so I qualified for a new phone discount. At first I wanted the LG Dare, which is also touch screen, but I kind of wanted a Blackberry, more for the business aspect of it. So I held out for a few months with my old school phone and lucked out when Blackberry came out with a touch screen!
Adam and I have never had the NEW cell phone. We always get one of the cheaper ones. Adam left the house in shock Sunday night and kept asking if we REALLY had the Blackberry Storm! I have to admit that it has been so nice having a Blackberry the past few days, since I've been sick in bed a lot. So now I can have my phone by the bed and get email updates as soon as they come into my inbox! So Monday, a customer emailed me an order that she needed right away. I didn't have to get out of bed -feeling sick- to check my email, much less, email her back. I could do it right there in my warm cozy bed with my Sprite and crackers! It was also nice getting updates on Adam's gifts being shipped as I was running other errands!
So finally half of Adam's gifts have been delivered. It's funny how the gifts you order the earliest are the late ones to be shipped, and may not make it by Christmas at all, and the gift I ordered Saturday arrived today! I was so excited about the gift that arrived today. It was a gift that Adam had not asked for, but I knew he would love it.
I failed to mention that it is tradition for Adam and I to open our gifts from each other and then watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - every year! So Adam brought out the DVD and the gift idea popped into my head, so I ran to the computer to search for it and order if possible! I think Adam's favorite character from the movie is cousin Eddie, and Adam drinks eggnog everyday between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so what better gift than the Marty Moose eggnog cups from the movie! Well, I didn't order the exact ones, but found some a little bigger and a little cheaper. Apparently the guy who made them for the movie sells them for $90 a piece! Adam was so excited when he opened them and of course tonight he drank his eggnog from the moose cup. All he needs now is a black dickie under a white sweater, with green polyester pants and white patent leather shoes!
I will post pictures as soon as I get the software for the new camera downloaded onto the computer.
Adam and I are so blessed and we will have other blessings to share this Holiday Season, so stay tuned to Keep Up with the Knieses!
1 comment:
Ha Ha I know, Johnny told me!!! Let me know how you like the phones, we are looking for new ones soon too. Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas. With little Molly here, I think I was too sleep deprived to fully enjoy ours but we got it on video so can't wait to watch Turner opening all of his presents!
Post a Comment