Thursday, December 18, 2008

Mary Kay Consultants Holiday Party

Tonight I attended another holiday party with my adopted director here in Knoxville! We had a pot luck style dinner, where everyone contributes a dish and then we had a Dirty Santa style ornament exchange! I love Dirty Santa style gift giving! It's a game of strategy to get the gift you really want! It never fails though that I open a gift that everyone fights for, and I have been known to steal a gift just because so many others are after it, especially if I lose the gift I really want! Also, I think it is interesting to see which gifts are the most commonly saught after!
We play Dirty Santa every year at the holiday party with my girlfriends from highschool. And ever since I started in Mary Kay, there is usally some Mary Kay product as part of my gift, because that way I can give more for the designated price point since I get a discount on my products! Well, it never fails that every year that is one of the most saught after gifts (funny since a lot of my friends don't buy my products)!
However, at this party with all MK consultants and an ornament theme, I wanted to get a Mary Kay inspired ornament to see if it would be the most stolen gift! I picked an wooden orament that spelled "DREAM" in blue glitter (MK girls always go for glitter)! I thought it was a little flashy for the age group at first and wished it had been pink, since that is our company's color, but decided that an MK themed ornament would be nice. At first I was skeptical because it wasn't stolen immediately, but everyone remarked on how cute it was. Then the last person to either open the last gift or steal a gift finally stole it and then it went like crazy! I was so excited!
My dish went over well also. I had lots of compliments and some ladies went back for seconds and thirds, which always makes you feel good! I made these little cranberry - pineapple jello minis that Jo Ann made for Thanksgiving dinner, and I found the pamphlet for them at Kroger! I actually made a batch (24 cupcake sized minis) for myself last week and ate all of it by myself! They are really that good!

Cranberry-Pineapple Minis

1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, in juice
2 pkgs (the little ones) JELL-O Raspberry flavor gelatin (I used sugar free JELL-O )
1 can (16 oz) whole berry cranberry sauce
2/3 cup chopped walnuts
1 apple chopped

Drain: pineapple, reserving juice. Add enough water to juice to measure 2 1/2 cups; pour into saucepan. Bring to boil. Pour over gelatin mixes in large bowl; stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved.

Stir: in pineapple, cranberry sauce, walnuts and apple. Spoon into 24 paper-lined muffin cups

Refrigerate: 2 1/2 hours or until firm

No comments: