And I feel fine!
Well today isn't over yet, but it almost is. I feel safe enough to say we survived! I'm so glad the world didn't end today, seeing as how I hadn't seen my husband or sweet boy since Thursday morning. I would have been really upset if the world ended and I didn't have Ryne and Adam here with me!
Today for me is finally over though. This week is finally over as well! We've had some crazy weeks here recently and I'm hoping that it starts to calm down a bit. Last Saturday, Adam and I attended the wedding of his coworker, or his office wife, as I like to call her. She is one of the sweetest girls I've ever met and it was such a blessing to be part of her Big Day! After the wedding, Adam and I met Mom and Dad to pick up Ryne. We put Ryne in the bed for a few hours and then Adam and I started packing the car for the beach. Adam slept for a bit on the couch, but I stayed up because I was going to drive the first leg of the trip.
Side Note: I had a late night run to the post office that night and on my way home, I came up on a street fight...on a very bad part of the road. I ended up having to call 911 because a guy was getting the snot beat out of him, right in front of my car, in the middle of the road. At one point the fight moved into the other lane and an oncoming truck came around the curve and almost hit the two guys fighting. I was trying to give a play by play and description to the 911 operator, but all I could get out when I saw that truck coming was "Oh my God!" Now I am waiting to see if I have to go testify as a witness. Fun stuff.
Back to the beach trip: Adam and I were supposed to split the driving roughly half and half. Well, sleeping beauty looked so comfy in the passenger seat and I felt sorry for him, so I drove five and half of the seven hours. We left at 12:30 am and didn't stop until 6 am. I got roughly one hour of sleep as Adam drove the last hour. I figured I'd get a nap once we got to the beach house, but noooo, there was too much going on to stop. So over a 38 hour time period, I had one hour of sleep! That's dedication, people!
The beach was nice. It wasn't very warm. A few days were spent laying out with a light jacket on. The wind was just too cold. Ryne had a blast! He loves the water, but doesn't like getting his hands very sandy. He will play in the sand but the salt water/sand mixture that got on his hands near the water seemed to freak him out a bit. He fell down in a puddle and got up without touching the ground with his hands, which were out by his side like an airplane! Ha ha!
If you read my last post, then you know I took a flight back on Thursday to make a cake for a very good friend of mine who got married today! Originally Heather was supposed to get married last Saturday, but there were issues with the church so they moved it back a week...after I had committed to make her cake and after we had already planned our beach trip. I'm a woman of my word, and I will do just about anything for my amazing friends, so I flew back on my $11.99 plane ticket to make the cake! That's friendship, people!
Heather was an easy bride, so to speak. All she asked for her cake was that it be square, incorporate her color (plum) and have purple roses on it, like her bouquet. I kept it simple, especially since I was under a bit of a time crunch, but she and her husband loved it. Michael came up to me at the reception and said it was the best wedding gift they could have received! That warms my heart!
I'm so glad I got to be witness to another happy couple getting married today! It makes me value my own marriage more, since I was the first of my friends to tie the knot (almost 6 years ago!)! My high school Latin teach was at the wedding and said she has been married 48 years! Whoa! I can't imagine, but I guess I have 42 years to think about it!
I've heard a lot of advice about a lasting marriage the past two weeks and here's the summation of it:
Keys to Long and Happy Marriage:
1. a sense of humor
2. a short memory
3. fight like cats and dogs (ask anyone who's been married over 40 years and that's what they'll tell you!)
And my favorite wedding toast: "May all your pains be Champagne!"
How We’re Organizing Our Digitized Photos
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment