Monday, May 9, 2011

Wonderful Weekend!

We had such a crazy busy weekend!  It was Adam's 32nd birthday, a friend's bachelorette party and then Mother's Day...all in one weekend.  In a way I think I took on too much this weekend but it all seemed to work out and hardly anyone knew (except Adam) that I felt like the candle was burning at both ends.  Composure!  Love it!

Friday, Adam and Ryne went out on their Mother's Day shopping trip.  Ryne ended up giving me some much-needed gift cards for shopping and salon/spa purposes!  He knows me so well!  That evening, Ryne went to stay with Adam's parents so we could have a date night to celebrate Adam's birthday.  Adam decided to keep it simple, so we went to see Thor.  I wasn't all too excited to see it at first, but it was actually a very good movie and the leading man was quite a hunk!  We were in a theater with some interesting people.  One guy was audibly depressed during the previews that Captain America is opening July 22nd and not on July 4th.  Good point!  The night was low-key, but fun!  I think Adam finds it hard to celebrate getting older these days!

Saturday, I had a million things to do!  I had to make cupcakes for my friend's bachelorette party that evening.  I decided to make Margarita Cupcakes since Cinco de Mayo had been just a few days earlier, we were going to Sips N Strokes later that evening with the girls, and in honor of one of Adam's family members who passed away this time of year a few years ago.  What better way to celebrate a life than with cupcakes!  I also had to finish editing a ton of pictures for another friend who was going to be at the bachelorette party, and also some pictures of River to give to his mother for Mother's Day.  Adam was gone visiting his grandmother with his parents and Ryne during most of this, so luckily he didn't feel left out on his actual birthday.  I also had to go buy some cards, bags and gifts for all the occasions we had going on this weekend, so I was busy up until the moment I sat down at dinner for the bachelorette party.

We started the bachelorette party at PF Changs.  I had the lettuce wraps for my entree.  They are SOOO good, but my lettuce kept falling apart and I ended up looking like an idiot trying to eat them.  Finally I gave up and just at the chicken stuffing part with a fork and let the lettuce be.  Afterwards the server told me next time I could order shredded lettuce and just eat it all with a fork!  Will do!  [We will skip over the embarrassing gift-opening part at the restaurant and pick up at Sips N Strokes.]

Sips N Strokes, for those of you that don't know about it, is an art studio that allows you to bring in your own beverage (alcoholic or non) and the instructors teach you how to paint a specific painting and then you get to keep it!  It was so much fun, especially since some of the people there were a little heavy with their sips!  At the beginning of class the instructor asked who the Type A people were.  I raised my hand, because I am quite a bit of an A, but I realized as we were doing the paintings that I'm not as A as I thought...or maybe I'm an A and some of my friends are A+ and A++!  Some of the girls were super picky about every little thing.  Finally, one of the instructors said "take a sip!"  I thought it was hilarious!  I just wanted to have fun and learn something new.  I knew mine would not be a masterpiece and it isn't!  I am highly critical of myself, especially with anything that is creative or artsy, but I decided to just do what the instructor told us and move on - it can always be changed, redone or thrown away later if I'm not happy with it.  There are definitely some changes I'd like to make, but overall, I think we all did well!     It's also interesting to see how different the paintings look at the end.  We all had the same instructions yet everyone's looked different.   It was so much fun and we all bonded so well together and tried to help each other "fix" our paintings!

Sunday, my alarm didn't go off, which seems to be happening more and more lately.  I use the alarm on my phone and the stupid thing has been messing up a lot lately.  I think this poor Android needs to be put out of it's misery.  Anywho, I was disappointed that we didn't wake up in time to go to church, or at least the service that has childcare provided.  We ate a good breakfast and decided to go out and let me redeem some of my gift cards!  Later that evening, Mom, Dad and my brother came up for dinner.  We wanted to cook for Mom, give her Mother's Day gifts and let them see Ryne, since they feel like 2 days without him is a lifetime!

All in all it was a wonderful weekend!  I'm surprised that it went off without a hitch given the amount of stuff we had to cram in one weekend.  It may not seem like much on here, but all the little dull details and errands add up with this much stuff going on in a few short days.  We have two weddings coming up and then things will slow down a bit...even though I kind of like being busy!

No comments: