I forgot some of the more memorable moments of Mother's Day! I'm surprised that I forgot to mention them in the last post.
Ryne gave me one other gift for Mother's Day. Ryne has really been enjoying creating artwork lately! While I was out buying groceries for the dinner we cooked for Mom and my family, Ryne decided to display some of that artwork on our bedroom wall - a Mother's Day mural in red crayon! Adam walked me in the bedroom to show it to me and I literally gasped! Ryne thought it was hilarious and Adam freaked because I was looking at a different spot on the wall than he had seen before. Adam thought Ryne had just drawn a little on the wall under the light switch. Oh No No No, my friend! He drew on a total of two doors, and three walls! He really went to town with that red crayon! Ryne thought my gasping was funny and kept pointing out his masterpiece! It was hard to be mad about it because it's something that almost EVERY kid does at some point in their life, but at the same time, it's not acceptable on the walls! So we are having to be even more watchful with the crayons these days. Ryne used to be so good about dumping out his crayons and then putting them back up after he used them - not so much anymore! Oh well, he meant well and it's the thought that counts...and luckily Mr Clean Magic Easer worked wonders!
The other memorable moment from Mother's Day was after we were done eating and cleaning up the kitchen, a bug decided to walk across the kitchen floor to greet me! I freaked out! I screamed, squealed, and did a little dance of disgust! We were all barefoot so Mom threw a moist paper towel over the bug to stop it until someone with shoes could come dispose of it! [In swoops Dad with the wrath of Ron!] Everyone was laughing at me until Ryne came in and decided to give his rendition of the event that just transpired! He scream, squealed and danced a little jig with his crazy legs. Everyone erupted in laughter, but that wasn't all. Then Ryne grabbed a cloth napkin and placed it on the floor and continued to scream, squeal and dance. Then he started walking through the kitchen stomping one foot over and over again. This kid doesn't miss a beat!
A mother's job isn't always glamorous - actually it rarely is. However, it's the most rewarding, even if it means cleaning red crayon off the wall and watching my child imitate my worst moments!
How We’re Organizing Our Digitized Photos
1 week ago
1 comment:
Too funny! And Cute! I drew on my wall once... I had this stuffed raccoon named rocky. I propped him up against the wall and traced him in permanent marker. My mom was thrilled....: )
Post a Comment