Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Three years ago today I walked down the aisle and married the most wonderful man - my best friend! Adam and I have had a amazing three years! I can only imagine what the next three years will hold!
Last night to celebrate our anniversary, I took Adam to the Melting Pot. Adam had never been before and always said that he never wanted to pay that much money to cook his own food! Well as luck would have it, David gave me a gift card to the Melting Pot for my birthday, so David helped pay for the dinner!
We got the Big Night Out dinner with all four courses - yum! We decided on the basic cheeses and basic cooking style since Adam was new to the experience. It was a good choice! We were both amazed at how well the seasoning on the meat did not cook away in the basic broth that we chose. We each had a favorite dipping sauce. I am a Gorgonzola hog (it goes well with everything) and Adam loved the sweet and sour sauce. During our three years of marriage and previous three years of dating, I have never seen Adam refuse food because he was full, but it happened last night. We ate everything except one piece of meat and one piece of broccoli, and there is a lot of food for the entree. The didn't even want the dessert course, but that's my favorite. He choked down a few chocolate covered (we chose the Bailey's Irish Cream Chocolate) strawberries (his favorite fruit) and rice crispy treats, but left most of the dessert for me! He was pleasantly surprised at how he liked the Melting Pot! Hopefully that means we can go back again sometime!
On the third anniversary you are supposed to give the gift of wood, according to tradition. So Adam and I are giving each other HollyWOOD! We booked our trip for the end of August to Las Vegas and the LA area. Adam has never been to Vegas before and I absolutely had a blast last year when I won a free trip from my Mary Kay director, so Adam wanted to go. Then we are going to spend a few days in the LA area, going to the UT v UCLA game, site-seeing, and going to see some shows.


This Adam refusing to eat another bite!


Our 3rd Anniversary Dinner!

1 comment:

Jenn and Chris Looney said...

I think the third year is actually leather. Ha. :) http://www.happy-anniversary.com/year-of-marriage/year-three.html

Get Adam a leather jacket and make him wear it to the Vols game :)