Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Poison Ivy

Sadly, this blog is not in reference to the song by the Coasters, but I definitely could swim in an "ocean of calamine lotion" right about now! If you refer back to my previous blog, I mentioned poison ivy several times, and at the time of composition I didn't have any visible or sensational evidence of poison ivy.
Well, I've learned you can't pray away poison ivy if you are allergic to it. It is mostly on the back of my right leg and a few spots on my left ankle and foot. It looks the worst on my right ankle, though. It looks like some kind of biohazardous outbreak on my skin, which I keep a gigantic band-aid on to keep the blisters from oozing - yes oozing! However, the itchiest part is on the back of my right thigh. I never realized until now, how much we take our thighs for granted. We use them ALL the time, and that makes this poison ivy less than tolerable. And scratching them is very unbecoming of a lady! Luckily, Adam isn't allergic, although that kinda makes me mad because he was standing right beside me in the thicket of ivy. I wouldn't wish this on him though - I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy! Apparently poison ivy can hang around for a couple of weeks, which I am not happy about. We have a wedding to go to this weekend, which is outdoors, and the weather is most likely going to be hot and humid - aww perfect conditions for me to want to scratch my leg off!

"Poison Ivy, Lord'll make you itch!"

No comments: