Sunday, July 13, 2008

There Are No Wigs in the Sunsphere!

Last night some of our good friends Sam Crass and Brooke got married! Yay! The wedding went off without a hitch and the happy couple is on their way to the Dominican Republic for their honeymoon!
The wedding ceremony took place at the World's Fair Park on the lawn in front of the fountains and the reception was held in the Sunsphere! I had never been inside the Sunsphere, but contrary to The Simpson's episode, there are no wigs in the Sunsphere! It had a GREAT view of Knoxville!
Brooke arrived in a horse-drawn carriage, which made great pictures, and the groomsmen, and the bridesmaids all came in a white limo - snazzy!
Brooke did most of the planning by herself! I can't believe that she was so calm and collected the entire day because there is inevitably something that doesn't go according to plan when it comes to weddings. I co-coordinated the wedding with Brooke's aunt. This was my first time coordinating/directing a wedding, but I guess since I've had my own, be in some and be to some, that makes me qualified -HA! I was so nervous that I would mess something up!
It was an incredibly hot day for an outdoor wedding. I wore a casual dress during the day while helping out and quickly sweat completely through it! Right before the wedding I had to duck into a bathroom and take a 'bath' with Shower to Shower towelettes in a nice Island Fresh with Citrus scent which did help some, but not enough for me to really hug on anyone at the reception, and then I had to change into my other dress, which was black!
Side note: The dress I was originally going to wear ended up not fitting very well. The cut at the top was just all wrong and Adam said I looked like I was trying to stuff myself into the top of the dress, when actually the fit was great, just the cut was wrong. So we drove around Knoxville an hour before we were supposed to be at the wedding/reception site to find another dress and had absolutely NO luck, so I wore a black dress in 92 degree heat!
We did manage to take a few pictures from the reception, but none from the ceremony because Adam was a groomsman and I was directing.

So I guess I can add coordinator/director to my repertoire of wedding know-how!

Bridal consultant at bridal boutique - check
Make up artist - check
Cake decorator extraordinaire - check (well not quite to the "extraordinaire " status)
Coordinator/Director - check

So all I need is to learn photography, catering, floristry, and ordained ministry, and I could be almost a completely self-sufficient wedding venue - A one-stop wedding shop!

Here are a few pictures of the reception!

The Cake!



First Dance as Husband and Wife!



Adam took this picture, so sorry for the head shot up front!
Sam was about to cut the top tier, so I yelled at him - Director duty calls!






Us!



Bouquet Toss


Garter Time!


Garter Action Shot!

1 comment:

Wes and Ashley said...

Wow... I bet that was so pretty with the view of Knoxville and Worlds Fair Park in the background! Mandy, it seems like you can do everything!