This is how old people celebrate their birthday:
Friday night Adam and I went to see his cousin, Jonathan Sexton, for his Big Love CD release party at the World Grotto. It was so much fun and so crazy to see that Jonathan has a following. People were dancing and singing his songs and having a blast! There were six other singer/song writers there that all very different in style but all were wonderful, except maybe the guy that appeared to be having an acid trip while he performed! There was a hula hoop contest for an Ipod shuffle. I entered along with a ton of other people but only 4 people were chosen to hula for the Ipod. I was one of the lucky 4. I honestly thought I would dominate the hula contest, but sadly I was the first one out! Boo. I guess that is a sign of old age, when you can't hula hoop longer than two minutes!
Saturday, Adam and I went to the Smokies baseball game. We met Jo Ann and Frank and Adam's friend, Sammy there. The Smokies lost but it was fun getting to watch a free game and eat free food and relax to a good baseball game!
Sunday, we had a packed house! We had my and Adam's family over for a birthday cook out. Most of my friends were out of town so we decided to make it a family affair! Adam's cousin, Nathan, and I share the same birthday so we celebrated together! We had chicken and steak kabobs, and tons of other food. I made my own girlie cake, and Nathan and I shared a cookie cake! I got more gifts than I deserve, and I'm so grateful to have great family to share my and Nathan's special day with.
Last but not least, Adam and I picked up our foster kitten Sunday night. His name is Charlie, for now. He is a cute little orange and white tabby cat, so I'm thinking Adam will rename him a UT Vol related name if we keep him. Poor Charlie has bounced around a few home lately and was going to be sent to a killing pound, so Adam and I decided to take him in for awhile. So far, Gracie is NOT pleased with Charlie, but he is standing his ground. I hope they work it out because I'd hate for Charlie to have to switch homes again. He has really taken to Adam, which is great since Gracie is my little shadow and has a love/hate relationship with Adam! Hopefully little Charlie will be able to stay.
Here are a few pictures from the weekend!
My Birthday Cake - with all edible accents made from icing!
This is my last year only have one box of candles - Yay for the 24-pack!
One of my gifts from Adam. I've never played golf before, but I'm learning!
Little Charlie
Charlie playing with his monkey!
3 comments:
Happy 24th birthday!! And yes, getting older doesn't get any better! ha Glad you had a good one! The cake is Beautiful!
Why didn't you tell me it was your birthday??? I had so much fun seeing you guys on Friday night. I could have done w/o ol' Screech Owl and the guy who played 20 minute songs, but other than that it was a good show.
By the way, did you make that cake? It is so cute!
Happy Belated Birthday!
Jenny
Wow! Your cake looks really good! By the way, did anything ever happen with the cupcake contest? And Charlie is so cute!
Post a Comment