Holy Cow (said in my best Harry Caray voice)! Happy Opening Day! Today is Opening Day for Major League Baseball. It's kinda a big deal in this house. Normally Opening Day falls on a Monday. Adam's dad always grills hamburgers and hotdogs for Opening Day and since Mondays are Adam's late days at work, we don't get to celebrate with the rest of the family. We actually aren't celebrating today either, but we will be tomorrow! We are having the in-laws up for, wait for it...salmon! When we originally made the plans to celebrate Opening Day on Friday, we all forgot that Fridays mean no meat for Catholics, and I just wouldn't feel right eating a nice juicy burger in front of the rest of the family! So we decided to go with salmon instead. Not quite Opening Day food, but we will make it work!
Ryne started saying "baseball" and "play ball" a few weeks ago! Just in time for the season! We bought him an outfit and everything! Also, if you've never heard this, listen to Dan St. Paul's impersonation of Harry Caray for the First Baseball Game! Google it. It's hilarious!
On to the child, which we call, Ryne. He is plowing through jigsaw puzzles, without my help and on ones he has never seen before! He's learning to recognize words - which leads to reading. He is obsessed with cleaning, and mowing! Hopefully he'll be a good little helper one day!
On to us. We've had a few house showings recently! Fingers crossed that it sells soon. Bad news on the building front. The builder we were originally going to use and the one that built our current house is closing its doors in a month or so. They are honoring the current contracts they have, but we don't have a contract with them. Soo...that means they wont be building our house. There are pros and cons to that. They had a bigger floorplan for less money, but it's a cookie cutter home like the one we have now. We are going to look into custom building a home with my best friend's husband's company. We shall see....
I'm really loving a new book, I picked this week. It's called, The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. I LOVE it! I thought it looked interesting and so far it is! I consider myself much like the author in the area of happiness. I'm happy. Not depressed or anything like that, but I could be happier. She writes about a year-long happiness project and covers different areas of happiness in each month/chapter. She went to law school, so I love the way she writes - profound, yet down to earth! I'm currently in the month of March, which has the topic of Work.
Speaking of work, I've been doing a few photo shoots recently and honing my skills! I am going to get the biz up and running very soon! I am currently working on a business plan and pricing. This isn't going to be easy to start, but it's what I enjoy doing. I am going to have a photography blog up and running soon also, to use as a virtual portfolio. I'm also starting another photography class next week to learn even more skills! Lots to do!
There is a lot to learn in photography. It's not so simple as putting your camera in the basic settings and letting the camera do the work, not if you're wanting it to be professional. It's telling the camera what to do! I kinda like being the boss! Editing is time-consuming for now, but I will get faster with practice. Equipment is expensive, to say the least! I wish they gave out student loans with these classes! I'm nervous but excited and I know that in time, I'll be able to do weddings and fun things such as that!
How We’re Organizing Our Digitized Photos
1 week ago
1 comment:
You are well on your way to being a fantastic photographer, and I can't wait to see more of your work! : )
Post a Comment