So here's the break down. Here's the link to the original recipe. But here is how we made it tonight:
Ingredients:
Canola Oil (eye balled about 2 TBSP)
1 chopped onion (medium to largish)
2 cloves minced garlic
1 can chicken broth
2 cans of Rotel tomatoes with green chilis (kills two birds with one stone!)
1/2 tsp dried Oregano (eyeballed it and then added a little more)
1/4 tsp cumin (eyeballed it)
frozen corn (I just dumped some in until I felt like it was proportionately enough)
2 lbs chicken breast (I have to feed a little growing boy and a big growing boy) I didn't cook it prior to like the other recipe
1 can Northern white beans
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 bay leaf
Directions:
Heat oil. Add chopped onion, and chicken. Cook a bit and then add the garlic. When chicken looks thoroughly cooked, add Rotel tomatoes and spices. Cook that down for a minute or two. Then add the can of broth and frozen corn. Boil for about 10 minutes - it should reduce some. Add can of white beans and salt and pepper to taste. Add a bay leaf. Cook about 5 minutes more.
Top with shredded cheddar cheese and Enjoy! Then silently thank me for the best white bean chicken chili of your life!
So I didn't change this recipe much, but there are practical reason for the changes. Adam did the grocery shopping for this meal. We already had diced tomatoes, but he couldn't find green chilis so I told him to get Rotel (again, kills two birds with one stone). I never measure in cooking so spices are just eyeballed or I throw in as much as I think looks good! We completely ix-nayed the tomatillos because Adam couldn't find those either. We never missed them! We doubled the chicken because I didn't read the recipe well enough (oops), and also I have to make hearty meals for Adam or he has to eat again before bed. If you've ever seen him eat, then you understand - he can put it away! We used frozen corn because I generally use frozen - it's easier unless I'm grilling corn. I also used left over frozen corn for Fried Corn (it's divine and maybe one day I will part with the family
Ryne even ate some of the white chicken chili and seemed to really like it until several mouths-full and the green chili's kick caught him off guard! He cooled off with some juice and went back at it!
Give this recipe a try. It's supposed to cool down slightly over the next few days, so it will be perfect timing! Then tell me how much you love it, because I know you'll love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment