Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

This past weekend, Dad made the absolute best pork tenderloin I've ever eaten!  I'm not a big pork fan.  I LOVE me some bacon - who doesn't, and I will eat ham on occasion, but for the most part, pork is not all that tasty to me....until now!

I'm not sure if Dad came up with this recipe on his own or if he got it from a cooking show or Internet source, but it is amazing!  Like I've mentioned before, we don't measure ingredients very often, so you'll just have to wing it, but it's totally worth it!  Ryne eat this like a little pig...ha ha!

Ingredients:
Pork Tenderloin (not a marinated one, just plain pork tenderloin)
McCormick's Pork Rub
Peanut Oil

Stuffing:
Baby Spinach
Sun dried tomatoes
Capers
Monterey Jack cheese
Parmesan cheese
minced garlic
salt

Other Stuff:
twine
meat thermometer
casserole dish (big enough for tenderloin)
skillet/pan


Basically you cut the tenderloin so that it opens up and flat - sort of like they open up a Subway sandwich.  Cut up the spinach, sun dried tomatoes, and capers.  Add the garlic, cheeses and salt to taste.  You can actually sample the stuffing to see if you like the taste.  Add the stuffing to the middle of the tenderloin (as much as you can!)  and roll it up and tie it up with the twine so the stuffing stays put.  Cover the outside of the tenderloin with pork rub - and I mean COVER it because some will come off in the sears and baking process.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Put the empty casserole dish in the oven to heat up as the oven heats up.  Add peanut oil to a skillet/pan and put on high heat.  The peanut oil has a high burn temp so it's the best to use.  Sear the tenderloin in hot pan until the entire outside is seared and kinda crispy, but not burnt.  This only takes a few minutes.  Take casserole dish out of oven and add the tenderloin.  Bake tenderloin for 30 minutes or so.  Use your thermometer to check doneness.  Pork should be around 160 degrees in the middle.  After it's reach the proper temp, take it out and let it rest a few minutes before slicing.  Then enjoy...and you will enjoy!

1 comment:

Ellis Island said...

This sounds yummy! I'm gonna let Mark try this one out. Tenderloin is one of his favorite things to cook!