Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Clown Cake

This week in class we made a cute clown cake! It was pretty easy and tremendously fun to make! My icing for the clowns bodies was a little dry so one of the arms broke in two, so it makes the leaning effect more realistic, I guess! This is my pracitice cake for River's 2nd birthday. Hopefully by January of 2009, I will have perfected my clowns, decorating techniques, and making Red icing (the pink icing is supposed to be Red) so his terrible twos will start out practically perfect!

We also learned how to make roses this week. It is a lot more difficult than I thought. Mine more or less resembled carnations instead of roses! We have to make about 15 roses for class on Monday for our final cake for Course I!


Clown Cake with vanilla pudding filling!

2 comments:

Wes and Ashley said...

So cute! I love all of the cake class updates. It sounds like so much fun! How did your Coke cupcake do?

Anonymous said...

I am loving watching the cakes! Checking your blog always brings a smile to me! Maureen