Sunday, June 22, 2008

Wes and Ashley Got Hitched!

Last night, Adam and I went to see some of our best friends get married! The wedding went off without a hitch! However, to start the evening off, I had to do my usual, which is to do something clumsy! As I was trying to walk down the steps at the church in high heels, one foot slipped out from under me and my other knee gave out and I ended up doing some crazy move that you would probably find in the Matrix movie, down the stairs! Luckily I had ahold of the rail, but still, it was embarrassing and it chipped some of the polish of my toenail! Then I heard Travis (Sweet Chuck, as we call him) say to Adam, "Your wife just fell down the stairs!"

Anyway, back to the wedding. Everything was beautiful - the church, the flowers, the dresses, and Ashley's gown! Everything at the reception was beautiful as well. The cake was simple but elegant - it kind of reminded me of my cake. The groom's cake was very cute with both UT and Duke helmets on them!

We had a great time at the reception. Thanks to a few brave souls like Polk and a few other's that I didn't know, who were willing to lead off most of the dancing. Sadly, Adam refuses to dance with me, so I have to find other dancing partners. Thanks Sweet Chuck for always dancing with me, and thanks for wearing your pink polo - also reminiscent of my own wedding!
I am sure it is going to surface sometime, so I will admit to leading the Thriller Dance - we didn't do so well, but you can always improvise by moon walking!!

Wes and Ashley are off to Disney World for their honeymoon. Hopefully they will be able to convince Adam to take me sometime! We love them both dearly!

A great time was had by all!
Here are a few pictures of the evening!


The First Dance as Husband and Wife!



Mother - Son dance


My Dance Partner in Pink!


Lord of the Dance!


Us!


The Bride and Me!


The send off!

No comments: