Thursday, June 5, 2008

Cola Cupcake!

If you read my previous blog then you know I wanted to enter a cupcake contest to make a cola flavored, chocolate based cupcake to represent Atlanta for a new cupcake boutique that opened today in Knoxville called Cities Cupcakes. I decided to play off the Coke float idea! I did some research on the science of cake making and devised a pretty good recipe for the cola cupcake. I did not realize that Cola Cake has been around for awhile until later today. The first batch of my cola cupcakes were a little thick, with an near-brownie consistency, and not a lot of cola flavor. So I tweaked the recipe and the next batch turned out to be pretty tasty! I decided to flavor some whipping cream (from scratch, not the tub or can) with some vanilla to resemble the vanilla ice cream that is used in a Coke float. Also, since I am a candy fanatic, I found a cola flavored gummy candy to garnish the top.
I plan to submit my recipe. I think it could still use a little tweaking, but I think it tastes good enough to submit into the contest. We shall see what happens!


No comments: